Have you changed the flights rci gave you??

Hi all, we are flying from Glasgow when we go on our cruise and when we fly out with the flights, connections etc we will have been flying and hanging around airports for about 16 hours which is insane when the exact same day there are flights leaving Glasgow to Gatwick then Gatwick to Orlando with no big lengthy stopovers, basically we are going to contact RCI tomorrow to see about changing these flights and I wondered if this has happened to any of you and what the outcome was, I wouldn't bother so much if it was just my husband and I but we have people with us who will not cope just as easily.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

Hi all, we are flying from Glasgow when we go on our cruise and when we fly out with the flights, connections etc we will have been flying and hanging around airports for about 16 hours which is insane when the exact same day there are flights leaving Glasgow to Gatwick then Gatwick to Orlando with no big lengthy stopovers, basically we are going to contact RCI tomorrow to see about changing these flights and I wondered if this has happened to any of you and what the outcome was, I wouldn't bother so much if it was just my husband and I but we have people with us who will not cope just as easily.

I can't speak for Royal Caribbean but NCL put us on an insane flight out of Honolulu. We got in to HNL on the ship at 7 AM, flight was at midnight to San Francisco. Then a three hour wait for another flight to Vancouver. There are direct flights that would have left earlier in the day. They would NOT let us change. We had two 80 year olds and a pregnant woman with us. I will NEVER book again without knowing my flights. I usually do it myself and use air miles or seat sales. That way I have control.

Yikes, thats way worse than we have got but ours are bad too, hopefully I will get more replies but whatever does happen I will post an update to let u know what rci say, thanks for answering.

It happened to us to we just rang RC and they changed the flights for a small fee ie 35 pounds each well worth it :)

I have booked flights with RCI for the first time this November. We were really worried about what they would through at us. We usually fly Virgin and they gave us BA. When we said we weren't too keen on that, they offered to change the flights but Virgin was more expensive. They did also give us the option to cancel the flight portion without penalty.

However, we decided to stick with BA flights and will see how we go but they were helpful in telling us what alternatives we had.

Hopefully you will have some success if you speak to them but be prepared for them to tell you the price will increase.

Jo :)

I'm assuming you used Choice Air ? I have used choice air several times and have been satisfied

BUT

you really need to scrutinize their options well. We booked the option offered us to Rome.

Later on ,searching for ourselves, we discovered a one stop instead of 2 stops flight that was almost 3

hours shorter which for some reason wasn't listed .

They waved the change fee and we happily paid the extra $75 this flight cost.

Two other times the amount of time given for flight connections was waaay too short .

Less then 55 minutes was given so we booked different flights.

Didnt even know there was such a thing as air choice until today :-( we booked hol through a travel agent however it is still rci that designate the flts so its got to be changed through them, spoke to travel agent today who confirmed this but the dept we need to speak to are closed until tomorrow, dont mind if there is a fee, I would pay it as long as it wasnt too ott. Just hope rci dont say thats it, no changes allowed, if they do and there is nothing we can do about it, then so be it and we will make the most of it, we are all so so looking forward to our hol. The return flts they are giving us are actually fine, its just the outbound that's bad.

I'm assuming you used Choice Air ? I have used choice air several times and have been satisfied

BUT

you really need to scrutinize their options well. We booked the option offered us to Rome.

Later on ,searching for ourselves, we discovered a one stop instead of 2 stops flight that was almost 3

hours shorter which for some reason wasn't listed .

They waved the change fee and we happily paid the extra $75 this flight cost.

Two other times the amount of time given for flight connections was waaay too short .

Less then 55 minutes was given so we booked different flights.

No choice air in the UK but they do have a travel department that your TA should be able to talk to.

First off your travel agents talking rubbish THEY are the ones who should be phoning Rci as they are ones who basically are your brokers as you booked holiday with them they should be dealing with any changes you want and Rci might tell you as such.

You can change your flight if:

These other better flights you have seen are the same cost to Rci as ones you have then you will only be charged £35pp however if they cost more you will then be passed on the other flight costs.

I change my flights all time when going to Usa as rci always gives us dodgy ones I've been lucky bar once in that had to pay flight difference which was £280 pp. That was for early morning flights from Glasgow to Heathrow then early flight to Miami and basically same home so no hanging about for ages.

You have not indicated when you are flying. In April I am flying from Glasgow to Miami via Heathrow. When the flights were released months ago, it was BA to Heathrow into T5 then United Airlines from T3 to Miami.

The problem was the 45 mins from arriving to departing and everything in between. Usain Bolt I'm not.

Back to the travel agent, who contacted RCCL who changed the flights with no surcharge. Now into T5 and leaving from T5 albeit with a couple of hrs between flights, which, for me is no dramas.

I think the length of time between now and when you are flying will be crucial to your request.

We have a cruise tour with RCI in August booked through a TA. Our flights were with BA to Calgary as that's where the tour starts. We were not happy because we were not landing until 8.30pm but our itinerary read " land an be meet by RCI rep and enjoy the rest of the day visiting such an such tower etc. when we asked about fitting this in their reply was well you can't but you won't miss much !! We had to pay £130 pp to change to air Canada which has us landing around 2pm.

To come

Rockies / Alaska cruise August 2014

Enjoyed

Oasis of the seas August 2013

Independence of the seas August 2009

My update for you all is, we got changed, no extra costs or anything, just moved us to earlier flight so the big long long wait at airport won't happen now, thankyou RCI, thanks everyone for answering the thread, its appreciated.

Cookiecookie, I wonder if you were being charged because you changed carrier? Rci said if we changed to British Airways which is what I suggested due to their flt times then we would have been charged but because it is the same carrier, US Airlines there was no charge, it was just an earlier flt we were moved to. Cant believe the person you spoke to was so dismissive of you, not very nice at all.

My update for you all is, we got changed, no extra costs or anything, just moved us to earlier flight so the big long long wait at airport won't happen now, thankyou RCI, thanks everyone for answering the thread, its appreciated.

So pleased you got it sorted and with such a positive result!

Jo :)