Miami hotel

chelllll

Hello everyone, my sister and I took the plunge and booked a 4 night Bahamas for October (this will be our 4th cruise) and we decided to drive from Houston to Miami.:confused: We are planning on spending one night on the road around Pensacola and then heading in to Miami the day before. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a hotel near the water? Near Port? Any suggestions would help as I spent most of yesterday researching to just walk away with a headache and still unsure. Thank you.

Miami is a large city, with a myriad of offerings. What are you after? Are you planning on getting in late at night and looking for a place to crash? If so, any basic Residence Inn or the like should do the trick. Better yet, stop somewhere a little outside of Miami, maybe north of Ft. Lauderdale and get the same thing for less money. On the other hand, if you're planning on getting in early and want to experience the city, it depends where you want to be. Miami Beach has hundreds of hotels, I'm sure one will fit your budget. If you're looking for downtown Miami, you can't beat the suite I had at The Epic Hotel last week. But it all depends on your budget.

So, what are you looking for?

I really wanted something on or near the beach as we plan on arriving by about 3pm and I was hoping to stroll on the beach and watch the sun set. I did not set a budget for this hotel as I want a great experience here but I also don't want to spend an arm and a leg for one night so maybe no more than $200.

Hello everyone, my sister and I took the plunge and booked a 4 night Bahamas for October (this will be our 4th cruise) and we decided to drive from Houston to Miami.:confused: We are planning on spending one night on the road around Pensacola and then heading in to Miami the day before. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a hotel near the water? Near Port? Any suggestions would help as I spent most of yesterday researching to just walk away with a headache and still unsure. Thank you.

You will find all the information you are looking for in the Florida Departures board. Go to North American Homeports ---> Florida Departures.

I like the Surfcomber on Miami Beach. Its a nice hotel, used to be a nicely appointed Doubletree. I have not stayed there since is became a Kimpton hotel, but other Kimpton's I have stayed at have been nice.

This hotel is right on the beach, has a nice pool, and is a stroll down the street from shopping and nightlife. We like it. Its usually not to pricy, and a good deal for Miami Beach. Beats being downtown in my opinion.

http://www.surfcomber.com/

I like the Surfcomber on Miami Beach. Its a nice hotel, used to be a nicely appointed Doubletree. I have not stayed there since is became a Kimpton hotel, but other Kimpton's I have stayed at have been nice.

This hotel is right on the beach, has a nice pool, and is a stroll down the street from shopping and nightlife. We like it. Its usually not to pricy, and a good deal for Miami Beach. Beats being downtown in my opinion.

http://www.surfcomber.com/

Thank you cmason, this hotel looks gorgeous a little above my price point but maybe my sister can make up the difference :cool:

We have used the Holiday Inn across the street from Bayside Market Place on Biscayne Blvd. Found it not to be the most plush but it was clean and conveniently located.

Thank you crusin okie, I saw the Holiday Inn on the beach off Collins Ave, it looks nice and is only $50 over budget and since I really wanted to stay on or near the water I am going to have to pony up the extra cash :eek: Hopefully this Holiday Inn is as nice as the one you stayed at. Thanks for the tip.

I really wanted something on or near the beach as we plan on arriving by about 3pm and I was hoping to stroll on the beach and watch the sun set. I did not set a budget for this hotel as I want a great experience here but I also don't want to spend an arm and a leg for one night so maybe no more than $200.

unless you really want to see the sites of Miami I would suggest staying a little north most hotels/motel will have better beach access.

or stay away from the beach around the airport then drive into south beach see the sites (some you probably have never seen) and walk the beach.

btw Miami is on the east coast so watching the sun set means watching it set behind one of the high rises.

unless you really want to see the sites of Miami I would suggest staying a little north most hotels/motel will have better beach access.

or stay away from the beach around the airport then drive into south beach see the sites (some you probably have never seen) and walk the beach.

btw Miami is on the east coast so watching the sun set means watching it set behind one of the high rises.

Thanks for the info Sherlock, I did not realize that was the case with the sun setting.:confused: I have been looking at some of the hotels further north on Miami beach and hopefully narrowing it down by this evening.