Sailing from MIAMI March 30

RubyGold

Just in case anyone has any idea, there is a music festival called ULTRA on the same weekend. I'm from the UK and am finding it tough to find specific info on if there's any disturbance to traffic/streets closed during this festival?

I'm quite tempted to get tickets for the first two days as it looks good!!

But does anyone have any experience with delays in traffic or closures due to this?

I think it's in/around downtown Miami area. Is that likely to inhibit the traffic flow?

Just in case anyone has any idea, there is a music festival called ULTRA on the same weekend. I'm from the UK and am finding it tough to find specific info on if there's any disturbance to traffic/streets closed during this festival?

But does anyone have any experience with delays in traffic or closures due to this?

I think it's in/around downtown Miami area. Is that likely to inhibit the traffic flow?

I flew in the day before my Cruise last year on the same day this festival had started. I stayed at the Holiday Inn - Port of Miami and the festival took place in the park across the street next to Biscayne Marketplace.

IF this is the same area in which it will be held this year, expect a lot of traffic and road closures if you stay in that area. Our biggest issues came to getting to the hotel that day because the entire area was barricaded off and our taxi was unable to stop in front of our hotel. Even though the barricades were up on the day we cruised, we had no issue getting to the port that Morning because the festival had not started for that day.

Also, it was a madhouse outside our hotel that Friday pre-cruise with so many people who weren't attending the festival but just wanted to be in the area. Our hotel took extra precautions not to allow anyone who wasn't staying in the hotel onto their premise w/o showing a room key. They also tried to get all the Ultra Festival goers onto the same floor because they were there to party and take it all night.

I will say my family enjoyed just people watching because it was unlike anything they have ever seen in their quiet suburb town. :)

Thanks!!

I was wondering why most of the hotels were either sold out or $400 per night hahaa

I managed to get a hotel halfway between Miami airport and the beach. I'm ok with noise as I'm from a big city and know about noise/parties I'm just concerned about traffic and making it to the port.

I guess I'll just be extra cautious and leave with plenty of time.

Not only is Ultra going on that weekend, but there is also the Sony Ericsson Open (tennis) that draws thousands of visitors to Miami, therefore hotel prices are jacked up.

Ultra Music festival is hip-hop, house, trance, rave, and other stuff I never even heard of - very young crowd.

• 1 month later...

We sail on the 29th and have been worried about the same thing. They finally released the road closures. Hope this helps. We are heading to the pier extra early - leaving our Miami airport are hotel around 9:45am.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/on-air/as-seen-on/Road-Closures-Ultra-Music-Festival--252740791.html?akmobile=o