Puerto Vallarta: Las Caletas Beach question

kjf325

Hello - Not new to cruising, but new to Las Caletas. Question for those who've been there - how's the walking: amount, terrain, etc. My husband has some mobility issues (not severe) and we don't want to be walking for 20 minutes in hard to manuever places or a long beach walk in dry sand (as it can be hard to walk through).

Some say it's an easy walk - but I'd like the truth from those who've been there. I hear it's an awesome adventure. I just don't want to pay $100 each and have issues. Thanks!

Hello - Not new to cruising, but new to Las Caletas. Question for those who've been there - how's the walking: amount, terrain, etc. My husband has some mobility issues (not severe) and we don't want to be walking for 20 minutes in hard to manuever places or a long beach walk in dry sand (as it can be hard to walk through).

Some say it's an easy walk - but I'd like the truth from those who've been there. I hear it's an awesome adventure. I just don't want to pay $100 each and have issues. Thanks!

There is a short pier, then a short walkway (not sand) before you start finding tables and chairs. You can walk on a walkway all the way to the other end of Las Caletas if you would like. Tables and chairs most of the way there, and at some point you can choose to walk on the beach but the walkway is easier.

When we went, it was very crowded and we had to walk to the other end of the beach to get loungers.

I'm sure one of the staff could assist in finding you loungers without having to walk all over. I would let them know when you board the catamaran, that your husband can't walk long distances.

As psbtrvlr posted, from where you are let off the catamaran, there is a short pier and then a short walkway and you are at the area where they serve lunch.

It was a great day, we really enjoyed the lunch and just relaxing on the beach.

It is a beautiful setting!

I have been there twice. Go on the morning trip, so it will be empty when you get there. Let the guys on the boat know on the way over and I bet they will save him an easy to get to spot on the beach. They are VERY accommodating.

If you go on the afternoon tour, there will be people there about to leave when you arrive, might be harder to find a place (at least until the morning group leaves)

Have a great time!