Cunard qn victoria

SUE T

Can anyone tell me what it is like to stay in the Q3 cabin suites on queen Victoria , don't want to go to the extra expence if these suites are not worth the money..

There is a youtube video of suite 4106 (link below). Personally I think the narrator is a bit negative - I think the Q3 & Q4 suites are very nice. I believe the only advantage of the Q3 over Q4 is that they are more midship. The Q5 & Q6's are my preference but not to everyone's liking as a consequence of their aft location.

The real advantage of the Queens Grill Suites is the dining and on the Elizabeth and Victoria the dining area is nicely situated on the 11th deck with great views, the menu is superb and of course with a bit of notice you can virtually ask for what you want. The Grills lounge is also a very pleasant place to have drinks and of course get genuine clotted cream with your high tea.

Can anyone tell me what it is like to stay in the Q3 cabin suites on queen Victoria , don't want to go to the extra expence if these suites are not worth the money..
Hi Sue T,

Compared to which other grade of cabin?

I'd say go for it, I had an inside cabin on QV, very nice indeed, but I bet a Q3 would be even nicer :) .

Have a great time whatever you choose, Bon Voyage! :)

We have had 2,3,4 and 5s on Victoria. Deck 5 Q5 is my favourite as I love the huge corner balcony but some people don't like aft cabins because they can get a bit bumpy sometimes. Q3/Q4 are pretty similar apart from the 3s are all behind the midship's [stairway B] lifts which is very handy.

Being a bit picky, the 4's [within a couple of cabins of the Q2 bulge] suffer from a very slight overhang sun shade effect in the high mid day sun so I would go for the 'end two' if you want a Q4 and like sitting in the sun on the balcony at mid day.

I would say for stability, go for the Q3. For the balcony go for Q5 and for a lovely spacious open cabin the Q6. Avoid deck 4 for both the 5 and 6 cabins if possible. I haven't stayed in a 6 but the Q5 on deck 4 didn't have a separate loo, and the shower had a curtain and not a glass door and it's above the restaurant and we had a few food whiffs.

Looking down, the Q3 on deck 4 seemed to have a wider balcony, but then they are above the public areas on 3 so I would probably avoid those.

Hope that helps.

There is a youtube video of suite 4106 (link below). Personally I think the narrator is a bit negative - I think the Q3 & Q4 suites are very nice. I believe the only advantage of the Q3 over Q4 is that they are more midship. The Q5 & Q6's are my preference but not to everyone's liking as a consequence of their aft location.

The real advantage of the Queens Grill Suites is the dining and on the Elizabeth and Victoria the dining area is nicely situated on the 11th deck with great views, the menu is superb and of course with a bit of notice you can virtually ask for what you want. The Grills lounge is also a very pleasant place to have drinks and of course get genuine clotted cream with your high tea.

Spot on, Q3 have what Cunard feel is a better position to Q4. Proper clotted cream doesn't exist, and yes I asked for it on multiple occasions... You were a lucky to get it!