Pier 66 FLL ?

ho

Price line accepted my bid of $96.00 for 9/2/05 at Pier 66. I was hopping for Marriott but I was OK with Pier 66 having been their for drinks on several pre- cruise stays. My concern is after checking the web site, I could have booked a room direct with a AAA discount for $120.00. I still saved $24.00 but I understand they place the Priceline guest in a smaller room away from the main building. I would have spent the extra $24.00 to have a room with a balcony overlooking the water. Has anyone had any experience with the rooms good or bad.

Thanks

The rooms you are concerned about are in the Lanai Building, which is a two story building attached to the main Tower Building. The rooms are not small and are properly equipped and furnished, as one would expect for a Hyatt Regency. Rooms face either the garden area(which I personally think are the best) or the marina. But, some of the marina view rooms overlook a parking area, with the marina just beyond. Be aware that there are a few rooms with no patio or balcony. I would specifically ask for one with one or the other. I have stayed at Pier 66 many times, most recently this Winter, and have always enjoyed their fine facilities, pleasant and efficient service, good cuisine at all of their venues, and, of course, the Pier Top Lounge!

I hope you will have just as pleasant of an experience as I have had!

We stay at the Hyatt for weekend getaways. The only way I book it is via Priceline never having paid more then $85 a night. Having stayed there half a dozen times via Priceline I have yet to be put into a "bad" or "sub standard" room.

I've stayed in the Lanai Rooms and the Towers. I prefer the Lanai rooms myself specifically overlooking the pool area with a balcony. Sometimes they try to stick me in the Tower and I respectfully decline it. The Towers for me are too generic, nothing wrong with them, we all have our own preferences.

Needless to say, if your given a room and it does not meet you expectations return to the check in desk and they will gladly provide you another room. This hotel bends over backwards to accomodate all of their guests (unless its boat show week and all rooms are sold out months in advance)

Thank you,

That is good to know about the Lanai rooms. We have never been to the Pier Top Lounge but it sounds like a place we need to go for a drink.

We were there in January and loved the hotel. We too stayed in the Lanai building and had a room with a balcony overlooking the pool. Very spacious and clean. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks - we are looking for a post cruise place for a day - our son will be with us and will be looking to parasail or scuba or both. Now if I can get it on priceline for under $100. Do all the rooms have two beds? Priceline only allows you to book for two to a room.

Ron

Ron,

You can call the Hyatt and request to have a room with double beds after you have won with Priceline. The Hyatt Pier 66 is in a great location because the water taxi's stop is at the pier next to the hotel. The water taxi will take you all over the area from the beach to the inner waterways. You can find many affordable restaurants along the way, plus you get a great tour of some great houses and sights along the waterway. The water taxi is very reasonable and you pay one price and you can ride it all you want to for a day.

Archived