Can I take Sky Train to Royal Caribbean's cruise port in Vancouver?

We are taking Amtrak to Vancouver. Can I take the Sky Train from the Amtrak station (on Station St) to Royal Caribbean's cruise port at Canada Place? Which route is that and what would it cost?

No, the station is not nearby Station St. You could take a cab to the sky train station further away in that area on Terminal & Main St. or take a cab right to the pier would be the easiest. It is not a big distance to go. Even at the Waterfront Station area you have some walking to do getting to the check in area.

I don't know the price of a cab. It is about $35-$40 CAD from YVR to downtown.

We are taking Amtrak to Vancouver. Can I take the Sky Train from the Amtrak station (on Station St) to Royal Caribbean's cruise port at Canada Place? Which route is that and what would it cost?

I'm unclear as to why previous poster says can't be done....

Skytrain Main Street station is a very easy one block walk across the street and through a small park from the front door of the Amtrak Train Station in downtown Vancouver.

The skytrain ride I believe will cost you $2.75 (1 zone) for a short 5 minute ride from Main Street Station to Waterfront Station. When you get off here, you'll go up the escalators and you'll have another 1 block walk on the sidewalk to Canada Place.

http://tripplanning.translink.ca/hiwire?.a=iScheduleLookupSearch&LineName=999&LineAbbr=999

If it's a rainy day, you will get wet on both ends of walking, so a cab at that point from the Amtrak train terminal would be better ($20-$25)

Yes, you can, but not conveniently.....

We did it, but wished we had taken a cab. For what the four of us spent on the Skytrain, we could have easily taken a cab. As it was, we schlepped our bags through downtown Vancouver from the Amtrak station to the Skytrain station, stuffed ourselves and our luggage onto a crowded Skytrain, and then wandered around once we got to Canada Place (trying to follow the directions I'd downloaded from a travel site).....all with our luggage in tow.

It was an adventure and we get a good laugh about it now, but it wasn't that hilarious at the time. Take a cab!

Edited by J & G

Can I take the Sky Train from the Amtrak station?

It is not right there and I recommended to take a cab. Then as the further CC post said, there was more walking to the pier. A cab is just easier.:D

Have a great cruise!!!

Edited by CVU

Currently, the SkyTrain entrence closest to the train station is out of service due to expansion construction....so the normally ''reasonnable'' walk from Amtrak to Skytrian is twice as long.:(

A cab would set you back,tops, $15 +tips.

Another factor: once at the Waterfront skytrain station, it is not as simple as '' approx 100 meters to the cruise terminal''.While ''close,geographically'', it is an involved '' up the escalator, turn right, up another escalator, walk ~~ 3 minutes, and walk downstairs to the cruise terminal''...quite a walk.

You'd be pooped out by the time you finally hit the terminal's first stop,( security) and you wouldn't even be checked in yet !!:eek:

I transit down that way daily, also spend lots of time at the pier ( both working and as an enthusiast )...So, beleive me; a cab is WAY better.

They drop you off downstairs ,you drop your bags with the longshoreman and after a 50'-100' walk, you're face to face with a security attendant !

By the way, you will love the train up from Seattle. Great scenery, and good ''Talgo'' equipment on good tracks.

Cheers

;)