What is better PH3 8057 or 8003/5

calexand

We are trying to pick the best cabin for our Sept 26, 2006 sailing on the Nautica. Right now we are in PH# 8057 but someone had identifed these cabins as problematic with noise above as they get ready to serve breakfast. Would we be better advised to switch to the front under the spa at #8003/5.

I was just going to ask the same question. I just booked cabin 8005 since it seems to be under an empty part of the gym. Please let me know if anyone has been in this cabin and if it is quiet.

Thanks

Last summer we were in 8052. We were origionally booked in 8002 and after checking I called almost daily until I got it changed. Friends of ours were in the front and found their cabin had a bit more motion than ours. I think the real problem is that the "Butlers" work stations, I believe, are in the front and would make for a lot of traffic, not that you can hear anything through the doors, but we were happy we made the change. I have heard that there is more motion in front.

Also, from the deck plans, it appears that 8005 is just below the fittness center which could be noisey in the mornings? [but not from me ;-)|

Hope this helps.

Marsha

Guest Jancruz

The truth is you can barely hear noise from anywhere in any of the cabins..I prefer the mid or aft of the ship as the anchor is in the front and that is noisy when it comes down..

Jan:)

I was just going to ask the same question. I just booked cabin 8005 since it seems to be under an empty part of the gym. Please let me know if anyone has been in this cabin and if it is quiet.

Thanks

We had that cabin and I don't remember any kind of noise there at all.

BTW, It is in an excellent location with the elevator very near... and next to it is the bridge forward so not alot of traffic.

• 1 month later...

My Husband And I Sailed The Insignia May 28th For 2 Weeks And We Loved This Cabin. It Is Very Quiet And The Veranda Is Private On One Side With A Solid Wall Which Was Nice. The Only Problem Was The 5 O'clock Aerobic Class In The Gym That Was Really Hard To Take If You Are In The Cabin. Other Than That It Is A Wonderful Room Have Fun.:)

"The truth is you can barely hear noise from anywhere in any of the cabins..I prefer the mid or aft of the ship as the anchor is in the front and that is noisy when it comes down.."

Jan, you must be blessed with worse hearing than me.

We were recently on Insignia in PH 8016, and our friends were next door in PH 8018. One of the most annoying things was what we came to call "the deck chair 5:30am wake up call". From aproximately 5:30am to 6:30am the staff thumped and scraped the deck chairs around on Deck 9 overhead. Fortunately for me, I like to get up early, but for my spouse and our friends it was very disturbing.

Yes, we did complain. I spoke to our butler who did as much about this as everything else - nothing!. I spoke to the front desk, who were even less accomodating (at least our butler smiled nicely!). I even went and spoke to the pool staff one morning while they were scraping the chairs along the deck. They promised to be quieter...and were for about 5 minutes.

So, if you are a light sleeper (as I am), get to bed early....your 5:30am wake up call is complementary!!

Brian UK

Hopefully, they either changed or educated the pool staff since our cruise and that's why you heard nothing. Perhaps our complaints didn't fall on deaf ears as I had thought!!

It would be an easy problem to fix through simple education of the pool staff, as the chairs don't have to be scraped along the deck

Our neighbors on the other side in 8014 were out in the hallway one morning complaining as well...so, it apparently wasn't just me!!

We were in 8057 on our Panama Canal cruise last year and never heard any noise at all.

We were in 8006 on the R5 (now Nautica) in February 2000 and DID hear noise when furniture was being moved above ... it was noticeable but not a botheration.

I'd stay where I am if I were you ...

We were in 8005 on the Insignia, and of course, we loved it because we like "forward." We even enjoy the anchor noise (which I don't recall even hearing on this ship) because we KNOW we are at sea. And we definitely like movement.

We had friends midship and they said they didn't hear a thing as evidenced by the majority on this thread.

On the Tahitian Princess we also had 8005 and never heard a thing. I think just being on one of the Oceania ships is wonderful.

Have a wonderful trip.

Archived