Constellation lost power in Key West today

simplyben

Did it say they were SELLING water?

Selling ???? I hope not...!!!:mad::confused:

Without power, handing out water bottles , for a line that greets you from shorex with iced water and cool towels, would be a no-brainer. One has to presume that the HD is indeed a ''no-brainer'' if it was indeed resolved to SELL water while the electrical glitch is fixed !!

Or ,one presumes the artice on cruise fever was a '' mis-print'' ( I for one think this is the case)

There is no way I am going to believe they were selling water under these circumstances unless I hear it from a source I trust.

I agree Anne. I'd be VERY surprised, if this were the case. Celebrity is far better than that.

We just returned from this cruise. The power outage was about 90 mins and was no big deal except for those who worry about anything. It was handled very well by the crew. All of the doors worked and the life safety systems were all taken care of via back up emergency powers. In fact, even the stairways worked to go from deck to deck, LOL:rolleyes:

The Captain did a great job of informing the passengers of what was going on.

I agree with Emcee207. No real problem. There were problems all week in the Persian Gardens with keeping the steam room and the sauna hot. They kept working on it and always got it fixed. As anyone who owns a home knows, at a certain age upkeep is ongoing. Connie is still a beautiful, well cared for ship. At it's age there will be issues.

Per my watch electricity was off for 50 minutes and later for less than 15 min. At that time we were only running one power source. If we were out to see it would h ave been easier to switch over.

As we were out of the long channel we stopped moving so they could test the system and had an uneventful cruise from there on.