Carnival Ecstasy Cabin E2, porthole, under stage

305diva

Has anyone stayed in cabin E2 on the Ecstasy?? Or any cabin near it? The deck plan shows that it is right under the main lounge. Is it noisy at night when no shows are being held?? :confused:

Do you have any pictures? What did u think of it? Is it better to just book an interior on the Upper deck?

In October I stayed in porthole cabin E-7. This was by far my most favorite porthole to stay in. I LOVED the location and being on E deck. It was just a hop, skip and a jump to the atrium bar, guest services and the internet café.

I only heard some of the music from the stage above on one night and it was quite muted so it didn't bother me at all. This was around 9pm so it really didn't affect my sleep.

You can check on cruiselinerooms dot com and see if your cabin is listed there. It's chock full of pictures that passengers have uploaded so it's pretty accurate on how your cabin will look. If they don't have pics of that cabin for the ship you are staying in, you can look at the sister ships to get an idea as well. Fantasy, Fascination, Sensation, Imagination are a few that I can think of that are all in the same class as your ship.

I'd bet that cabin will be O.K., but when doing "Fantasy Class" ships, in the "cheap seats", I always book the opposite end of the ship, on Empress Deck. Look at E-185 to E-189. Those cabins are my absolute favorite. They are under the aft dining room, Not noisy, and VERY convenient to everything as well. They are NOT porthole cabins, however, so if you want the natural light, it's better to stay with what you've got.

It'll be a GREAT cruise, in either case! ;)

"SKY"

Oh yes,,,just noticed that you didn't say if you were sailing SOLO or not. E-185 to E-189 are Upper/Lower beds, so if you need a 4-A, you don't want my suggested cabins. :eek:

Edited by SkyMaster

In October I stayed in porthole cabin E-7. This was by far my most favorite porthole to stay in. I LOVED the location and being on E deck. It was just a hop, skip and a jump to the atrium bar, guest services and the internet café.

I only heard some of the music from the stage above on one night and it was quite muted so it didn't bother me at all. This was around 9pm so it really didn't affect my sleep.

You can check on cruiselinerooms dot com and see if your cabin is listed there. It's chock full of pictures that passengers have uploaded so it's pretty accurate on how your cabin will look. If they don't have pics of that cabin for the ship you are staying in, you can look at the sister ships to get an idea as well. Fantasy, Fascination, Sensation, Imagination are a few that I can think of that are all in the same class as your ship.

Thanks for the info.

I'd bet that cabin will be O.K., but when doing "Fantasy Class" ships, in the "cheap seats", I always book the opposite end of the ship, on Empress Deck. Look at E-185 to E-189. Those cabins are my absolute favorite. They are under the aft dining room, Not noisy, and VERY convenient to everything as well. They are NOT porthole cabins, however, so if you want the natural light, it's better to stay with what you've got.

It'll be a GREAT cruise, in either case! ;)

"SKY"

Oh yes,,,just noticed that you didn't say if you were sailing SOLO or not. E-185 to E-189 are Upper/Lower beds, so if you need a 4-A, you don't want my suggested cabins. :eek:

Sailing with my mom... so upper/lowers won't work, but thanks for responding.

The porthole isn't a requirement, but this is the only interior room available on the Empress deck for our sailing. I put a 24hour hold on the room.

The portholes on Empress are the best! When I am cruising on this class ship, I always book early to get a porthole. Noise is not a factor unless you go to bed very early, but even when in the cabin during a show, I didn't gear it... BEST VALUE!

We stayed in E2 on the Fascination as was warned it might be noisy due to the stage. Since the show would be over by 11, I was wiling to risk it for the convenience of being in the deck we boarded on. (However, we boarded on 0...) we never noticed any noise from the stage. However, there was a "stewards storage" room at the end if the hall just beside us and I did notice like a dishes rattling noise very frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sailed in E7 on the Inspiration, which is also a Fantasy-class ship. Your cabin is actually further towards the front of the ship than mine was, and therefore even more under the rear of the stage (if at all even under the theater). I heard no noise from the theater above on that cruise.

If you look at the deck plans, and align the elevators from the two decks you will see that you are quite far-forward from being "right under the stage or seating area above". (There is at least one deck-plan site that allows you to super-impose one deck over the other to compare what is above and below - I just can't remember the name though). I would happily book E7 and forward on this class of ship.

We sail in E1 in Decmeber. The only noise we heard was from the crew going in and out of the door in between the halls and the closets at the front of the hall.

The side you are looking on also has the laundry room across from the room, not sure if any noise.

When I get home I will upload some of the pictures from our room.

With any cabin that is that far forward and lower decks, be prepared for some noise if you have any tender ports in your itinerary.

When they drop the anchor, you will think that the ship has been attacked by a full spread of torpedos. It is really loud when the chain and anchor goes down.