Rhapsody dress code.

ok guys i don't want to start world war 3 and get responses on etiquette but i hear that rhapsody is more casual than some other ships...is this true?

how casual do men dress on casual nights? Can men wear dress shorts in dining room with a nice shirt if they look neat? DH does not mind dress pants but is more comfortable in shorts and will be upset if he brings all his pants and then sees many people in shorts.

Technically, they will let you in the dining room wearing shorts. We saw several people (men & women) wearing jeans, denim & dress shorts, and printed tee shirts in the dining room. You will probably get some snide looks from your fellow passengers who do follow the dress codes.

several times on the Thapsody...Did not see any shorts in the dining room for dinner...lunch and breakfast...yes..not dinner.

There is one evening which has a western theme and seen DARk PRESSED jeans, cowboy shirt and hats....not baggies....

I just got off the Rhapsody on July 10. For the most part everyone was dressed appropriately for dinner. I might have seen a handful of men wear shorts but they were far in the minority. Not sure how your husband would feel being the only man at a large table of ten (if that is your dining option) with bare legs :eek:

Your DH will definitely be in the VERY small minority if he chooses to wear shorts to dinner. I have been on 10 cruises and have to say that I may have seen 5-10 men total in all of the cruise wearing shorts.

Cindy ;)

I agree, rarely see shorts or jeans in the dining room for dinner, and when I have, it was usually some 17 year old boy wearing them.

Dockers and a nice golf shirt are what seems to be the norm on non formal nights!

Archived