Shhhh - how early can I board in Ft Lauderdale?

raz455

Let's keep this just between us - what is the earliest I can board the Royal this Sunday? My DW and I are arriving on Saturday and will be very antsy to get to the port - I would rather sit/stand at the Princess Place then sit in my hotel room. I promise not to tell anyone as I wouldn't want the whole passenger list showing up along with us! :D

You'll find people arriving to check in starting at about 10am. Check-in will start at about 10:30am and boarding will begin between 11:30am-Noon. First to board are Platinum, Elite and full suite, next is general boarding. You'll be able to go directly to your cabin.

FYI, no need to whisper since this has been the case for decades.

Hi,

We were on the Royal Princess one week ago. Our hotel shuttle got us to the cruise port by 10:30. People were still coming out from customs, but Princess had the check in lines open so we did that immediately. Then they had us wait in a lounge until about 11:30, when we were able to board the ship. We were told that we could go to our room to drop off our carry on bags, but that we shouldn't expect to occupy our rooms until 12:30. Our room was ready when we got there, but we adhered to their request and just dropped off our bags before we went to have lunch and explore the beautiful Royal Princess. It was great being on the ship before it was filled to capacity.

Hope you have the same beautiful weather that we did. Enjoy your cruise!

Barb and Al