Help with error on NCL online pre-registration

swmrgrl

I tried the link and it brings me to where I was filling out my form originally. On the form it's telling me to fill in every part, including passport, address, etc. Am I in the right area? I tried putting in the reservation #, passenger name and sailing date, but each time it tells me to fill in something more, right down to the end of the form.

You seem to be in the right place. Once you put in the booking number, ship, date ,name the status page should come up. It should include a status of Registered hit the update link..

You will come to a page to select citizenship and then the form will appear.

You will have to walk thru the whole form but the old info should be there but you can change it.

If it does not say Registered your first try did not work :mad:

Normally the link brings you to the page where you input the first page of info with your names and reservation number, when you click on the second page any information you had input before should return automatically. Are you sure your first submission went through?

I would go ahead and re-enter all your information, submit, and print out a copy for yourself and bring it with you when you check in on the ship.

Please also be aware that you get *vastly* different results depending on the browser you use. If you use Firefox, for example, you get a single page fill-in form with all the fields. It does function, as that is how we registered. However, when you return to the site later you once again get the single page fill-in form -- it does not look you up in the system.

If you use Explorer, on the other hand, clicking on the link takes you to a page that looks completely different and allows you to follow the instructions described by other posters above.

I've encountered sites that work better (or not at all) in certain browsers, but this is the most difference I've ever seen.

Thank you for the explanation. I use firefox and what you describe is exactly what I'm getting for the information page. What I ended up doing is resubmitting the information for the person I needed. I'll take the corrected copy. NCL will probably see the 2 sheets and figure out the 2nd one is the correct submission.

This should be a BIG heads up for registration online! I just went back, using Internet Explorer, and checked our registration - and my husband's was listed as INCOMPLETE!

I had printed out the forms for both of us, although I hated they way they printed out - using all that colored ink in printing out logos, page borders and stuff. I reprinted from Explorer and got normal black and white forms this time.

So glad I read this thread! Shoreguy, Host Cecelia... SOMEBODY - this might need to be put up as a "sticky note" at the top of all the pages! :eek:

This should be a BIG heads up for registration online! I just went back, using Internet Explorer, and checked our registration - and my husband's was listed as INCOMPLETE!

I had printed out the forms for both of us, although I hated they way they printed out - using all that colored ink in printing out logos, page borders and stuff. I reprinted from Explorer and got normal black and white forms this time.

So glad I read this thread! Shoreguy, Host Cecelia... SOMEBODY - this might need to be put up as a "sticky note" at the top of all the pages! :eek:

We changed our color to blank and white so they printed that way, thank goodness: Same when we print out hotel conformations, if I don't remember to change it we end up with several of pages in color, most we don't need and DH lets me know. NMNita

Hi, While we are on the subject of online registration could someone tell me that when I registered online it didn't make the middle (second) name box highlight so that I couldn't enter anything. My husband and I both have middle names which we told the travel agent at the time of booking.

Does this matter when we try and embark the ship and we both have an extra name than what it says on our online registration?

Hi, While we are on the subject of online registration could someone tell me that when I registered online it didn't make the middle (second) name box highlight so that I couldn't enter anything. My husband and I both have middle names which we told the travel agent at the time of booking.

Does this matter when we try and embark the ship and we both have an extra name than what it says on our online registration?

Should not be a problem. As I recall there is a place for a middle name but it needs to be updated by NCL. You can call and have them make the change.

You want confusion. I am travel with my son same first name different middle name. He goes by his middle name. Last cruise they did not have either middle names in the records.

When the scan in your passport and it overwrites everything.

Nita... perhaps I didn't make my point. My point was by filling out the registration online while using Firefox, it did NOT go through to NCL and showed up as INCOMPLETE.

On middle names... other online cruise registration forms have the same situation - no middle name. We're new to NCL, but it hasn't been a problem with other lines.

Nita... perhaps I didn't make my point. My point was by filling out the registration online while using Firefox, it did NOT go through to NCL and showed up as INCOMPLETE.

On middle names... other online cruise registration forms have the same situation - no middle name. We're new to NCL, but it hasn't been a problem with other lines.

There is a space for a middle name on the form. It is one of the fields that NCL has to populate like Lattitudes number. If it was part of the original booking detail provided it should be in there.

After reading the post from "teefleur" I activated my Internet Explorer and went into NCL.com and located my registration form using the booking numer. I originally sent the information using Firefox and printed off the confirmation. Today I reactivated my Internet Explorer (I detest the popups that consistently show up when using this program) and had no problem finding and updating my booking. In fact one reservation was listed as incomplete and two were indicating the forms had to still be filled out. Go figure:confused:. I ended up printing the confirmations again and of course they look entirely different from the ones I printed while using Mozilla Firefox. The good news is I have everyone registered properly now.

Glad you did that, swmrgrl... That was EXACTLY the same thing I discovered. Forum moderator Cecilia sent me a link to contact the NCL Webmaster - which I did. Seems like this is a browser problem that needs to be addressed by the cruise line.

I'll bump this back to the front page with this post 'cause I think it might be an important issue with so many folks getting away from popup-ridden Explorer...:eek:

Archived