St. Petersburg on Sept 8, 2005

Hi,

Although our ship, Costa Atlantica, spends only 1 day in St. Petersburg, I am wondering if any other ship spends September 8th in the city as well, perhaps as part of a longer visit?

Would it be a good idea to try and find people on other ships to share an independent St. Petersburg tour with us? Also, would it be a OK to share a tour with people that plan to tour for 2 days, while we can do only 1 day?

Thanks

I would recommend you contact some of the independent travel companies directly to see what they can do...they may be able to accommodate their request, if they can find a group who would be willing to add your party to their group for the day!!

Good luck!

Luv ~ I agree with Jodi. Both DenRus and RO can likely hook you up with others who may want to add some guests for a day. We had someone on our recent cruise that DenRus helped join another group. DenRus and RO are the two reputable companies I'm familiar with. We used DenRus and dinner mates used RO. We were both very satisfied....so contact both of them.

Have a great time.....even with one day in St. Petersburg, you'll see alot!

There are other indepenent guides who have been recommended by others on this board. They are not as big as the other companies but still reliable and professional. I suggest you also check the web site http://www.alla-tour.com

Alla is a fully credentialed guide in St. P. You can tour with her and a driver without a visa and she can design whatever tour you want. She is flexible and very professional, reliable and personable. We used her as a guide in July and know others who also did so and were very pleased. The best part about booking her as your guide is that you know exactly who your guide will be. She sends you paperwork to go thru passport control and she and the driver are waiting on the dock for you. She accompanies you into the sights and provides guide services inside each one. We highly recommend her.

Archived