Allure of the Seas - Deck 14 Cabins

Costafox

Would just like a little feedback here - we have booked an ocean view balcony cabin for the TA Barcelona - Fort Lauderdale in 2015.

Looking at the deck plans it would seem that the pool desck is above us - is this going to give us noise related issues and would we be better suited moving to a lower deck?

The sports deck is above almost all of deck 14. Between the fan motors, the people playing ball/running laps etc, it can be very noisy. We were burned once and now would never take a cabin on deck 14 on either Oasis or Allure.

We had 2 cabins on the starboard side with boardwalk view. I personally never heard a thing. Granted, i was never in the room. DW took a few naps and never commented on noise except for a few screamers on the zip line :) MIL also napped during the day and never had a complaint. She is a light sleeper.

But for us, Deck 14 was great for access to the kids club. If you do not have a need to be there and are worried about noise, move. there are plenty of great places and lets be honest, you are on a really big boat and will have fun!

If you are looking to have the aft boardwalk and water view I would recommend going lower than deck 14. The view there is not great because of the severe angle down. If you get decks 11 or 12 aft boardwalk you also will have access right there to the "secret" deck. I recommend 11 if possible.

We were in 14301 on a recent trip. Liked the location where you could see lots of people watching in the Boardwalk area. We did not notice any major noise issues from the deck above us when we were outside. There was a view of the ocean from the back of the ship, but I would think that a balcony room elsewhere would have given us a better ocean view. I did like watching the zip-line riders come in right over our heads. When the balcony door was closed the quiet was really all we heard.

We have 14726 (category D3, ocean view w/balcony) booked for a May 2014 Oasis trip. My main concern was the lack of sun on the balcony due to the overhang from the deck above. Is that a valid concern? I don't even care that the flowrider is almost directly above.

We have 14726 (category D3, ocean view w/balcony) booked for a May 2014 Oasis trip. My main concern was the lack of sun on the balcony due to the overhang from the deck above. Is that a valid concern? I don't even care that the flowrider is almost directly above.

I originally chose 14680 for my Allure cruise April '14, not thinking about anything except "the higher the better". Then I read some comments people made about the overhang and lack of sun (and then I took a real good look at the ship, counted the state rooms, and my room was in an area with very large girders every 3 cabins that cut off the view from side to side) and I contacted my CVP at RCCL and asked to change to deck 12. It was a nominal increase to move but I'm glad I did. #1 no chance of noise from above and #2 no overhang. And by nominal I mean $62 addt'l for the week (D6 to D5). So now it's wait & see. Hope I made a good choice :)

Thank you all for the feedback - I´ve managed to get a move to the cabin directly underneath where we were booked - now we are on deck 12 so we have dodged that particular bullet!

Super excited about our first oasis class voyage - thanks once again for the advice