Live Blogging - Serenade of the Seas Feb 22nd, 2014

Hello everyone. After watching many people do this I have decided i would give it a go. We are sailing out of New Orleans on the 22nd and I will start the live blogging on 21st as we venture to New Orleans. We are flying in a day early and hope to take in the site of NOLA before be board.

A little about us, this will be our 6th cruise on RCI and the first on the Serenade or Radiance class of ship. We have been on the Voyager, Vision, and Sovereign class ships. This is our 5th cruise in Caribbean and we are on the Key West, Nassau, Coco Cay itinerary. We have been to Nassau and Coco Cay before but never Key West. This cruise has become our yearly family vacation, Wife and I, my sister and her husband, my parents.

My goals are the following:

• Post about the ship, activities, etc.
  • Post the Cruise Compass Daily
  • Post the menu where we eat and of course pics of the food
  • Answer any questions you might have
  • Try not to suck at this

That should do it, I hope I can live up to some of the standards others have set. Hopefully you will have as much fun reading the blog as I do posting about the trip. We usually have a great time on the ships. I just looked and saw John Blair will be our CD and we did not care for him when we sailed on the Enchantment but I am hopeful he just had a bad cruise last year when we were on board.

Thats it for now, t-minus 4 days until we leave!

If you'd like a cruise compass preview here you go - this is from our recent trip on Serenade on the same itinerary. We feel you on John Blair - we was CD on our first cruise on Grandeur and came away not terribly impressed with him. Topi was decent, but DW and I are confirmed Graham Seymour fans.

Thanks for the preview, the best we have had was Keiron Buffery followed by Dave Chapman, both it seems are no longer with RCL or will be leaving shortly.

Ohhh you are gong to be in NOLA right in the middle of the Mardi Gras festivities! I think the are several parades going on. Exciting! On the same note, maybe allow extra time due to heavy crowds and closed streets?? Have fun!

Thank you for doing a live review! We are sailing on Serenade next month, doing the Western Caribbean itinerary. Excited to see your pics, daily schedules and overall impressions of the Serenade experience. Have a great time in NOLA and on the cruise!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Thank you for doing a live review! We are sailing on Serenade next month, doing the Western Caribbean itinerary. Excited to see your pics, daily schedules and overall impressions of the Serenade experience. Have a great time in NOLA and on the cruise!

Cayman Islands was one of my favorite places. I have done that itinerary out of Galveston on the Mariner. You will love it!

Ohhh you are gong to be in NOLA right in the middle of the Mardi Gras festivities! I think the are several parades going on. Exciting! On the same note, maybe allow extra time due to heavy crowds and closed streets?? Have fun!

O yes, my parents planned this and they didnt consider Mardi Gras so its going to be interesting.

Cayman Islands was one of my favorite places. I have done that itinerary out of Galveston on the Mariner. You will love it!

We are excited to go back to Grand Cayman--it's been several years since we've been there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

O yes, my parents planned this and they didnt consider Mardi Gras so its going to be interesting.

Maybe just a little extra planning but what a FUN way to get into the cruise spirit! Mardi Gras is on my bucket list. I've always wanted to go.

I will be following along on your posting here. We set sail on Serenade March 8th. I look forward to any and all things you write about. Many thanks for doing this. :)

I am sure you will have a blast on the boat. You are leaving the weekend after Mardi Gras, are you there for the festivities?

I am sure you will have a blast on the boat. You are leaving the weekend after Mardi Gras, are you there for the festivities?

Unfortunately not, we are just cruising. I was suppose to stand up in a wedding over this past weekend in NOLA but the groom was involved in a bad accident so they postponed it. It was going to be held in the square with a traditional parade after. Oh well:confused: enjoy your cruise and Mardi Gras:)

Eager to read your posts. We are thinking about that itinerary next March (2015). Would love to know what you have to say about the ports. Hope you post photos too. Have a great trip!! :)

I plan on having tons of photos, I have already worked out my Flickr account and I am ready to go. The only thing I cant account for is the internet on the ship. I am not expecting problems but I have sailed when they had an outage before.

Hello all, Just testing my Flickr account to make sure my photos show up. This was taken at Coco Cay last year. Our neighbors left food on the balcony and these birds swarmed and were terrorizing them. If you have never been to Coco Cay, my warning is Mind the Birds!

12582742353_23f362aa00_c.jpg

Count me in as one who will be following your blog daily. Thank you for doing this, I look forward to it. We will be sailing Serenade in march on the other route. I also look forward to your New Orleans pictures and anything you have to say about there. Bon Voyage!!! Enjoy!!!!

Count me in as one who will be following your blog daily. Thank you for doing this, I look forward to it. We will be sailing Serenade in march on the other route. I also look forward to your New Orleans pictures and anything you have to say about there. Bon Voyage!!! Enjoy!!!!

Hopefully we make it to NOLA on time with no flight delays. We plan on going out on the town that night!