Looking for a beautiful beach with food/drinks nearby

AMP25

Yes Emerald Beach is located at the hotel. It's free admission. You can rent a chair for the day. Back in 2011 it was $7.00. You just show up no reservations are required. I would get there early. There a small pool you can use. The restaurant is great, sandwiches, salads and burgers are very reasonable. It's a very quiet day at the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks! We will be in St. Thomas on Wed.; will give it a try. We were going to do Magens Bay, but with three kids six and under this sounds better.

Thanks! We will be in St. Thomas on Wed.; will give it a try. We were going to do Magens Bay, but with three kids six and under this sounds better.

They also have those thatch umbrellas for free. The airport isn't far and it's cool to see the planes flying overhead. It's only 15 taxi ride from where the Oasis and Allure dock. It's about 25 minutes from the Havensight pier. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I googled Emerald Beach and the Best Western hotel comes up. Is there where you are renting chairs, using the pool, eating and drinking at? If so, do you pay a day rate for access or are you just showing up and using their facilities?

It's Lindbergh Bay and there are 3 properties there. You want the BW Emerald Beach Plus Resort (not tye BW Carib) where you can rent lounges, water toys, and get drinks and snacks. If available you can also rent a room for the day to have access to a shower and use of the pool. No snorkeling but a nice beach to enjoy. And a short 5 - 10 min taxi from Crown so a popular beach for folks docking there.

• 4 weeks later...
Look up? :p

You'll dock at Crown so Lindbergh or Honeymoon would be closest, you can see Crown bay and Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald Beach) on the map I posted above...

How do you know where you will dock in STT? We will be on the NCL Getaway coming in June 11 but all it tells us is Charl-Amalie? Is that Havensight or Crown (or somewhere else)?

How do you know where you will dock in STT? We will be on the NCL Getaway coming in June 11 but all it tells us is Charl-Amalie? Is that Havensight or Crown (or somewhere else)?

Yes the cruise ship schedule at vinow dot com tells which dock. Carnival Conquest and Allure of the Seas are also in port, ~13k cruisers so a typical day.

I have noticed vinow has been showing the wrong day once in a great while so I rely on cruisett dot com, when there's been a discrepancy that has been right.

Yes, there are trees around the hotel/resort...gotta get there early.

We have about decided on Lindberge Bay since its so near Crown and has all the facilities. Afrika Herrigan does a great review of all the beaches on youtube...just google VI Now and watch her from all the beaches....Lindberge or what most people refer to as Emerald Beach because of the Emerald Best Western hotel there, even has a large kiddie play park at the other end of the beach.

We were at Lindquist or Smith Beach couple years ago, beautiful beach but were plagued by Sand Fleas there and had bites that lasted for months. So be sure and take Bullfrog or some type of bug repellent.

Edited by BecciBoo

We were at Lindquist or Smith Beach couple years ago, beautiful beach but were plagued by Sand Fleas there and had bites that lasted for months. So be sure and take Bullfrog or some type of bug repellent.

Sorry you had that problem, no see ums or sand fleas can be a problem at any beach so don't want folks to miss a gorgeous beach like Lindqvist based on your report. We've experienced them on several beaches, but we also like going to the beaches after the ships have left and around dusk is the worst time I've read, especially around any treed or bushy areas it seems.

Lindqvist is the only gorgeous beach there that retains its natural, unspoilt beauty from decades ago...

Lindbergh has the convenience items and is nice enough, but doesn't compare to the East End beaches for beauty.But Lindbergh is a great choice for a beach close to CB. Hard to get everything in one beach because everyone wants the same thing!

Edited by blue_water

yes, it was beautiful but we had a cloudy day....much nicer if weather co operates.

But we must have a bathroom at beach....sooo wanted to do Sapphire, but since no bathroom now cannot do. Why did everything shut down there???

For those of you who have been to Secret Harbour, what is it like getting into and out of the water? I have mobility issues so I'm looking for a beach that is relatively easy getting in and out (not a massive drop off like we see alot). We're also looking for awesome snorkeling.

We've been to Coki Beach before and loved the 'swimming in an aquarium' feel, but looking for something a little quieter. In reading these threads, SH seems to tick the boxes. Just don't know about getting in and out of the water.

Easy in and out the water at SH... was there in March 2014.... the first 10-15 feet is crystal clear with nothing but sand.... after that you can continue walking out and see nothing but sand or snorkel and see tons of fish.

Beach bar and facilities on the beach, quiet... nice slice of paradise. when I was there there were between 5 -30 people on the beach.

Enjoy

Easy in and out the water at SH... was there in March 2014.... the first 10-15 feet is crystal clear with nothing but sand.... after that you can continue walking out and see nothing but sand or snorkel and see tons of fish.

Beach bar and facilities on the beach, quiet... nice slice of paradise. when I was there there were between 5 -30 people on the beach.

Enjoy

thank you for answering. easy in and out, tons of fish....Looks like SH is the place!

How difficult was it getting a taxi back to the port since SH is a little more out of the way? Should i pre-arrange a time for our taxi to come pick us up or just have someone at the beach bar call for a taxi?

Miss Rabbit.... I rented a car since the cost was so much less expensive... Budget is on the right side of the pier about a 30 second walk after you get off the ship at Havensight.

Taxi will cost you around $10+ PP each way.... rental car is around $45+ depending on size.

If you get a taxi... ask for a specific pickup or I am sure the beach bartender or the condo front desk person will call one for you.... not a big deal.... i would pre-arrange once you arrive since SH is 25+ minutes from the pier and it could take longer if you leave late in the day during "Rush hour" traffic.

Personally, driving St. Thomas was a great experience... driving on the left side took no time at all to get used to.... would and will do it again on my visit next year.

I am a travel hobbist who has traveled most of the world and written about it...I am not able to post any links to my travel books in this forum but you can google my name to find my books.

Best,

Michael Leppo