First Review: Victory Feb. 3-8 family of 5!!

beckyk329

Everyone was supposed to be back onboard by 4:30, so at 3 we decided to load up and walk back, leaving enough time for the walk and to check out the handful of shops. On our way out, a local asked if we taxi, and although we hadn't planned on it, we were kind of beat from the full day of sun and swimming and asked how much. He said 4$ p/p. Call me cheap but I wasn't paying 20$ for a 1 mile ride. We declined, he said "kids free". Ok, I'm a sucker for a deal:o so for 8$, we got to sit in the ac, which we didn't realize we wanted so badly and it was nice to not have to walk back, which we didn't realize we wanted so badly, lol! We handed him a $10 and a smile and we were off.

Nothing much impressive to shop for, my 2 DD did pick up their little souvenirs here though. Oldest got some rasta license plate thing (it was cute, no drugs) and the little one got a bracelet from RonJon.

Overall it was a perfect, PERFECT day!

P2050347_zps5becd1b6.jpg

P2050351_zps3e3523fc.jpg

P2050356_zpsaad84a96.jpg

P2050362_zps6056723e.jpg

P2050364_zps4e84446c.jpg

Edited by beckyk329

When we got back to the room we had a surprise! I had asked John Heald (yes I'm a beggar) for a SOAS for my kids. They love those things, so I do what I can. But we were happy to find he had sent along a little treat with it! I think it's very nice that they try to help people with little requests like that. I think that's one reason we are loyal. I mean my kids wanting a SOAS is a complete waste of time for a senior cruise director. But that they made sure such a trivial thing got done... thanks Carnival.

Yummy!

P2050367_zpsa0298d8f.jpg

After we had all showered and cleaned up- wait time for a little trick if you don't know it!

This works for families anyway, not sure if this would fly for friends sharing a room. But I for one, hate getting dressed in a hot steamed up bathroom. But if you open the bathroom door and the first closet door, you create almost a little dressing room between there and the cabin door. Gives you space to dry, lotion, dress, whatever you do, without having to stand in that sauna you just showered in. Yep.. we're pros!:cool:

She just had to wear her medal she got that first sea day at Camp Carnival

P2050368_zps17de348e.jpg

P2050369_zps55c71d32.jpg

P2050376_zps0baf8038.jpg

Great review!! Thanks so much for sharing. I loved the pics of the cabin showing the beds. We are going in July and we are taking our 2 youngest boys with us(ages 12 and 9). I have been a little concerned about all of us in one room. Do you normally just get one standard cabin? That is certainly our plan. Any organization tips for sharing one room?

Looks like it worked out great for all of you :)

Again it was a long day in the sun.. so after dinner (about 8ish) we just walked around the shops a bit, then head to the room early to pj it up, and just have a movie night. By the time everyone was all snuggled in their beds... we found and caught most of Iron Man 3. We've already seen it, but it was nice not to be doing anything!

Playing in the shops a bit

P2050394_zpsc7cb59e4.jpg

This fight all cruise long, lol!

P2050396_zps8dfd1ed1.jpg

Lorenzo!!! really wth?? I mean really? Every night is some strange alien head on the same set of legs!!!

P2050399_zps07f31a8e.jpg

and all snuggled up for the night

P2050403_zps0614fbf2.jpg

okay, this one laid with us for the movie, lol, can't see that great from the top bunk... says her!

P2050404_zps808ab622.jpg

Edited by beckyk329

I'm reading too! Grand Turk is also my favorite port so far. I haven't been to HMC yet, so can't comment on it. We went on a catamaran/snorkel tour through Carnival, did a little shopping, and then spent the rest of the time at Jack's Shack. My only complaint...we weren't there long enough. :D I definitely want to go back.

Valerie

Great review!! Thanks so much for sharing. I loved the pics of the cabin showing the beds. We are going in July and we are taking our 2 youngest boys with us(ages 12 and 9). I have been a little concerned about all of us in one room. Do you normally just get one standard cabin? That is certainly our plan. Any organization tips for sharing one room?

Looks like it worked out great for all of you :)

Thank you!

And yes we always just get 1 cabin. They are way too little to get their own room. And we never have been able to grab any adjoining ones. But really it's fine. I'm afraid my oldest will be gone by the time the youngest are aloud to "move out". But my current guess is we wouldn't mind putting them across the hall when they're 16/18. But we'll have to see how they are at that point:rolleyes:

As for organization. I believe 3 things are essential: 1.) one bag for shoes that can be pushed under bed or moved to a place where it will never be in the way. i.e., in the corner by king bed and window. 2.) aside from undies and pj's, pack everyones clothes on hangers. There is nowhere near enough space (or hangers) to accommodate 5 persons cloths for 5 days... nope. Makes the unpacking easy too ;). 3.) bring your soft sided hanging shoe rack everyone talks about! I mean the stuff, ahh! we'd go crazy without it. From everyone's perfume, deodorant, lotion, first-aid kit, hair gel, hair spray, aloe, sunscreen, curling iron, just STUFF!

Those are the 3 main items... any other questions, just let me know

Edited by beckyk329

I'm reading it too !! I just don't like to comment until the end of the review that's all

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm reading too! Grand Turk is also my favorite port so far. I haven't been to HMC yet, so can't comment on it. We went on a catamaran/snorkel tour through Carnival, did a little shopping, and then spent the rest of the time at Jack's Shack. My only complaint...we weren't there long enough. :D I definitely want to go back.

Valerie

Yay! I have followers!:D:o:p

Is Govenor's Beach usually that quiet? Seems like you had it all to yourself. That must've been nice :) I would love to check it out on our trip there in June. How do you get there from Margaritaville?? Thanks in advance, and great review so far!

I really can't answer to if that's the norm, as this was our first time to Grand Turk. But yes it was WONDERFUL! Don't tell too many people though just in case, don't want that secret out! I also don't want to give wrong directions right from the port, but I'm assuming you could walk the road the entire way? but we walked the beach to Jack's Shack, then went behind?(the front/back) of it to the road and made a left. It looks like you're in no man's land for a bit but before too long you see the Governor's Beach sign on your left... Have fun!

Absolutely LOVING your review, and pictures. You have a beautiful family:D

We also loved Jack's Shack, and Topher, the digging dog.......lol

Wish I knew about Governors Beach, as it looks GORGEOUS!!!!

Oh well, just another excuse to book another cruise:rolleyes:

Keep up the great work. Cannot wait to read the rest....

Ok. this particular trip was different in the way it flowed. I thought it would be awkward, but I really really liked it!

Normal 5-days:

• Embark
  • Sea day
  • Port
  • Port
  • Sea day
  • Debark

This cruise:

• Embark
  • Sea day
  • Port
  • Sea day
  • Port
  • Debark

Loved it this way...

So, this morning after Grand Turk we woke up at leisure to this

P2060407_zps1967af2c.jpg

Today, we decided to save our skin and skip the sunbathing and swimming. None of us were burnt, but all of us had a bit of tender skin, and we didn't want to take a chance and ruin our next day at Coco Cay (Little Stirrup Cay) (whichever). So we had a lovely relaxed day inside taking advantage of some activities we've never done in 7 cruises!

These are a few pics from our try at Harry Potter trivia. We thought we'd all have a chance at this... but gezzz those questions were hard. Still fun though!

P2060409_zps94e48a33.jpg

P2060410_zpsee2609df.jpg

P2060411_zps911ceb43.jpg

And these fellas make the review because they were awesome enough to be our "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil." in the digital scavenger hunt. They were bonus points! So thanks guys whoever you are.

P2060423_zps54f9c2fc.jpg

Great review! We have been to Grand Turk on 3 separate cruises with Carnival. It rained each and every time!. Last trip it was sunny so we got off and found a great location for the day and within 30 minutes, wooosh! rainstorms that stuck around the rest of the day.

Conclusion: Hope we are not on your ship if it goes to Grand Turk!!

I also want to commend you. I've been looking at reviews for years and in 99% of the time, the oldest child is moody, sad, making faces, etc. Not your daughter! She was happy and smiling whether she was alone or with her little siblings! Congrat's for raising a sweet child!