A1- 2106 vs 1589 on Reflection?

Lightngsvt

I've made multiple calls and posts here and we have decided to book an A1 for the 3/22 on Reflection. From looking at what's left I've narrowed it down to these cabins, does anyone have any feedback? 2106 is pretty far forward so no sure about motion (always heard the most motion is in the front of the ship) but it is on a hump so I assume it has a larger balcony and has the bed near the balcony which I like. Does 1589 have balcony side bed? Any obstructions on either cabin? 1589's location seems to be more convenient / central

We are captains club members so we get the free class upgrade, so we'd pay A2 rates ($30pp wow...) but hey thats almost a dinner at Tuscan Grille. If the rates drop before sailing would we get refunded the difference?

The 1589 cabin is midship... Great location with a regular balcony. I think that the 2106 has a hump balcony which should be larger but you may want to to check the "s class spreadsheet" to see if there are any comments. If you don't have trouble with sea sickness then, I would think it would be a great cabin as far as Aqua Class perks go... It's practically in the spa. We spent a lot of time in The Persian gardens and relaxation room. We also like the larger balconies.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does anyone know if 1589 has the bed by the balcony?

Yes, it has bed by balcony. 2106 also has bed by the balcony and has a huge balcony. It's very convenient to the forward elevators and only one deck up to the solarium.

From personal experience, I'd recommend 2106. I stayed in 2109 (Aqua Suite with angled balcony). It was an amazing experience and great location. If you choose 2106, your room is only a few steps from the gym and spa entrances and the forward elevator / stairwell. I spent 15 days on this ship on a westbound TA and had no issues with motion.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

I tend to have some issues with motion, if I don't take meds usually the first night I get a little sea sick but then am usually fine after that, kinda weird. So that was my big concern with 2106 (motion) and why I was about to book 1589. Is 2106 larger than normal A1's or is just an illusion on the deck plan because of the angled walls?

Funny thing is that we were in 2106 on Silhouette last year, but that was rear facing hump on deck 12. Looking at the deck plans I'm surprised at the differences between Silhouette and Reflection, does reflection have an extra deck?

Are the support poles or the overhang obtrusive in 1589? I don't think the overhang would be bad since theres a deck in between, not sure about the poles though.