First Night Alcohol Sale

scuddles

We haven't cruised in a while and were wondering if there is still the first night tasting and alcohol sale? Are the prices pretty much the same on all ships and if so can you share some of what you paid on your recent cruise?

Edited by scuddles

We haven't cruised in a while and were wondering if there is still the first night tasting and alcohol sale? Are the prices pretty much the same on all ships and if so can you share some of what you paid on your recent cruise?

...Yes, they still have the taste testing. Still can't believe how long the line gets just for a free 1/4 shot of alcohol. They had Bacardi flavored rum priced at 2 for $22.

I agree on the tasting lines, but I have tried some new flavors that I didn't want to purchase a whole bottle of and chance that I didn't like them.

Thanks on the Bacardi info. We actually bought 10 bottles last cruise and it was about half the price of home.

Yes they do.

How about any prices on Crown? Or Patron? We purchased before and I remember them being a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Patron Silver $41.99 or 2/$78

Patron Reposado $45.99

Patron Silver 1.75 liter $79.99

Crown Royal $21.99 or 2/$37

Crown Royal Black $25.99

Crown Royal Maple $28.99

Crown Royal Special Reserve $38.99

Crown Royal XR $159.99

Crown Royal 3 liters $71.99

Those are prices from last week.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They had a special last month on the Crown Royal. These 4 bottles were a $100.00 with a Crown collapsible ice chest:

Crown Royal Black $25.99

Crown Royal Maple $28.99

DW has now been grounded from buying more than 1 bottle on future cruises, the customs agent didn't know quite how to handle her and her six bottles of booze, had to get his supervisor and she waved us through.

They had a special last month on the Crown Royal. These 4 bottles were a $100.00 with a Crown collapsible ice chest:

Crown Royal Black $25.99

Crown Royal Maple $28.99

DW has now been grounded from buying more than 1 bottle on future cruises, the customs agent didn't know quite how to handle her and her six bottles of booze, had to get his supervisor and she waved us through.

Wow, only a ban for future purchases? I could handle that chance.

Last Cruise DH was sick the first night. We had a budget and a pretty good OBC, so I went to the tasting/sale myself. I came back and told him the good new was that I stayed under our budget but the bad news was that I bought 10 bottles. We also had a half of one left at the end of the cruise that we ordered so had to go through customs with all those bottles. Luckily no one said anything and we drove that trip. I will probably keep it a little less this cruise since we are flying.

How about any prices on Crown? Or Patron? We purchased before and I remember them being a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got back from the Breeze b2b on February 1st and don't normally bring back any liquor. The liquor sale on the first night for crown--4 bottles $70.00. The next day we decided to go ahead and get it and it was only $67 for 4 bottles. These are regular size bottles of Crown. I am not sure the "sale" the first day is always as good as you will be able to get it the rest of the week.

Crown Royal Black $25.99

Crown Royal Maple $28.99

That must have been a noobie agent. Six bottles really isn't shocking or unusual.

Does anyone know if this is offered on Fantasy? Also, how much is Captain Morgans? Im hoping it would be cheaper than the $65 they want for the Bon Voyage bottle! :eek:

There are sales and free liquor tasting on every ship. The Captain Morgan will be much cheaper than the BV price. You can't take your liquor purchases with you (except for purchases on the last day), so it doesn't compare to Bon Voyage. The liquor purchases are delivered to your cabin on the last night.

I missed the tasting on my last sailing, but the prices during the sale remained pretty consistent during the entire cruise. Usually you see boxes being stacked for purchases, or with purchases during the sale or right after, and this cruise I didn't. Some items that people were looking for was not available onboard, so that may be the reason why.