Aft cabins

cru2

Hiya

I was just wondering if anyone could help please?

this might seem like a stupid question but is the movement really noticable Aft of a ship more so than forward? we usually have mid ship cabins so never been a problem before, but our last cruise we where in a Forward cabin & i found it really bad & spent most of the time feeling really nauseous (sp)!

There have been a few posts on this subject and here is the answer !!

Check this out

http://uk.screen.yahoo.com/cruise-li...212554990.html

This is Oriana pitching in moderate seas off Spain. Watch carefully and you will see that the stern moves just as much as the bow. It is like a see saw. BUT without a doubt you feel it a lot more forrard because you are 'closer to the action' shall I say. You get the bangs and crashes from the waves smashing against the ship. Down aft , while it is moving as much, you tend not to feel it anything like as much and , in fact, it can just rock you off to sleep.

Take a large gin'n'tonic and a Nytol and you will sleep through anything !!!

Have a great trip.

We always have an aft cabin if we can get one and love them. We have never felt any problems with movement. The only thing that you hear is the bow thrusters working when the ship is docking. If you look on some of the American sites you will see people are really keen on having aft cabins. Looking over the wake of the ship is one of the great things of being at sea - in our opinion.