dailiy deal notification

blyle

I know that RCCL and celebrity send out daily Happy Houst emails for deals on last minute cruises. Does anyone know if Carnival does the same thing and can we access the deals or only TA's?

I know that RCCL and celebrity send out daily Happy Houst emails for deals on last minute cruises. Does anyone know if Carnival does the same thing and can we access the deals or only TA's?

RCCL has Happy Hours and Celbrity has Xciting Deals. These are typically weekly, but currently RCCL is running daily specials. Carnival will send out periodic announcements, particularly for their One Day Sales (like they had yesterday). All you need to do is register at the Carnival web site. Of course you can also ask your favorite TA to forward them to you. :)

RCCL has Happy Hours and Celbrity has Xciting Deals. These are typically weekly, but currently RCCL is running daily specials. Carnival will send out periodic announcements, particularly for their One Day Sales (like they had yesterday). All you need to do is register at the Carnival web site. Of course you can also ask your favorite TA to forward them to you. :)

Daily specials on RCL? Please give more info.

Daily specials on RCL? Please give more info.

Providing the specifics of the deals would violate the terms of my posting here on the boards (read the rules for travel agents). Contact your favorite TA and they should be able to give you all the details of the current specials on RCL. I just got a list of the specials to be offered this Saturday through next Friday from my regional sales rep earlier this morning.

Providing the specifics of the deals would violate the terms of my posting here on the boards (read the rules for travel agents). Contact your favorite TA and they should be able to give you all the details of the current specials on RCL. I just got a list of the specials to be offered this Saturday through next Friday from my regional sales rep earlier this morning.

Steve,

Are you saying that TAs now have better deals than direct booking with RCL? What is a "regional sales rep"?

Steve,

Are you saying that TAs now have better deals than direct booking with RCL? What is a "regional sales rep"?

A regional sales rep is a person assigned to handle questions, communications, etc. with all the Travel Agents that are in the particular geographical region that they serve. Whether a TA can get you a "better" deal than direct booking with RCL depends on many factors. However, they should never have a price that is any worse than direct booking. Since one of the reasons for using a TA is to have an advocate in your corner should something go wrong, why book direct if the TA rate is always the same or better?

TAs generally get notification of upcoming sales in advance of the notification to the public, even if that advance notification is only a day or two. If you are working with a TA to book a trip to a particular place, that TA can be watching the announcements and let you know when the sale is taking place, giving you more time to decide whether to book or not.

I've seen many notes on these boards from folks that think TAs are just out to maximize their commissions on every single sale. What I say, is if a TA does that, they won't be in business very long. A TA that works for their client to get the best possible rate, the best information, etc. is likely to retain that client for future trips and thus future commissions. If a client finds out that their TA did as little work as possible and simply booked at the prevailing rates, thus costing the client money they could have otherwise saved, do you think that client will use that TA again?

By the way, Carnival also has special rates for residents of every state (although I can't seem to access the specials page for Wyoming right now). The specials are different for each state. In some cases it is just a price cut on certain sailings. In other cases it is reduced air costs for certain sailings. There are also reduced rates for Senior Citizens on some sailings. In addition, there are specials for past guests. If your TA doesn't look at these specials rates before booking your trip, then they aren't doing their job.

If you mention to your TA that you know about these RCCL Celebrity weekly and sometimes daily specials they should be able to help you. My friends hopped on the Mercury 2 weeks ago to Alaska, deck 9 OV for $800 each. What a Deal!!!

So how do you access the specials page?

You ask your travel agent. They are posted to a site that is password protected, and only travel agents can gain access. If your travel agent doesn't know where to get them from, you need a new travel agent.

Archived