Getaway 2/15-2/22 Review!

hockeygirl14

Well the last day finally arrived and we were sad to get off the ship :( We walked off ourselves and were through customs by 9am.

We had an incredibly difficult time getting a taxi that would take us to the Avis that is downtown. The cab drivers were really rude...it was necessary. Next time we will rent from the airport to save us the trouble.

Overall, the cruise was great! If you have any questions, please ask me !! I have tons of knowledge. :cool:

Did you purchase the day passes at the front desk of the Hilton? How much do the passes cost?

We purchased them ahead of time through the sales.nassau at hilton dot com e-mail address. I believe they were $50 pp plus tax. You can purchase them at the front desk, and I believe they are given out on a first come first serve basis. The hours are 9-5 but they are flexible (we were welcome to stay as long as we wanted) and you are given a wristband for the day.

Well the last day finally arrived and we were sad to get off the ship :( We walked off ourselves and were through customs by 9am.

We had an incredibly difficult time getting a taxi that would take us to the Avis that is downtown. The cab drivers were really rude...it was necessary. Next time we will rent from the airport to save us the trouble.

Overall, the cruise was great! If you have any questions, please ask me !! I have tons of knowledge. :cool:

Could you elaborate as to why it was so difficult? What were you charged? We're thinking of renting near the port, but it sounds like it may not be such a good idea. Thanks.

Could you elaborate as to why it was so difficult? What were you charged? We're thinking of renting near the port, but it sounds like it may not be such a good idea. Thanks.

The first reason we were upset was initially when we dropped the cars off from Orlando because we were told there was a shuttle to the port. There was not and we had to take a taxi. That wasn't a huge deal, but the information given should be correct. However, on the way back, the taxi drivers at the port gave us a VERY hard time about going to that location. We had to take two taxis. My taxi driver was rude and charged us $25 for maybe a $12 cab ride. There isn't a flat rate to the port (or so we were told). My parents were in the other cab and got in an argument with the driver, but theirs only cost $12.00. This was just our experience with Budget and Avis. Maybe it would be different with another rental company. By the time everything was said and done it would have maybe taken 10 minutes longer had we gone to the airport. Maybe others have had a different, more positive experience but for us it just wasn't good.

We were on the same cruise, and had an amazing time. Thanks to the Upsell Fairy we ended up in The Haven and enjoyed all the benefits there.

I have written a complete review and submitted it to Cruise Critic as a review of the Getaway (the short version: we loved it)!

Here's the link to my review: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=250681

Hi all!

hockeygirl14 ~ I really enjoyed your review, thanks. I hope to go on Getaway too as I've been on Epic & Breakaway & liked them.

Do you know if those 1300 people ever caught up to the ship? What a pity if they didn't. It's been a tough winter for travel.

~ Jo ~ :)

Hi all!

hockeygirl14 ~ I really enjoyed your review, thanks. I hope to go on Getaway too as I've been on Epic & Breakaway & liked them.

Do you know if those 1300 people ever caught up to the ship? What a pity if they didn't. It's been a tough winter for travel.

~ Jo ~ :)

I did notice a lot of people boarding in St Maarten, which was our first port! We never heard one way or another. the 1300 missing info came from Jorje when we went to the future cruise presentation at the end of the week! We just thought the ship was layed out REALLY well haha:eek: