Extanded Aft???

J_Viggy

We will be on the Triumph April 21, currently booked in a standard balcony room on Deck 8. Considering upgrading to aft-view extended balcomy on the Empress Deck. It would cost an additional $60.

My concerns:

I don't really care about the lack of privacy, but I do care if other people's trash is gong to land on our balcony, which is something I read about happening.

I've also read about soot being on the balcony. Is this a big issue?

Why I'm considering it:

My husband is relatively tall and he was reluctant to go for a balcony when we looked at the pics, because he thinks it will be a tight fit for him as far as sitting to relax (knees bumping up against the wall). I figure the extended balcony will help with that. And $60 doesn't seem like a crazy amount to spend, as I'm sure we will use the balcony (our 5 year old daughter is coming, and I suspect we will spend a lot of time on the balcony after she goes to sleep at night.)

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

We had a wrap around balcony on the Magic several years ago. We had complete privacy and when looking down only saw a few inches of the balcony below us. The only time we saw someone was if they were standing at the railing. If they were seated we couldn't see them.

We had no trash nor soot at anytime on our balcony. I guess it depends on which deck you are on. We were on Deck 7.

Here's the only picture I could find showing part of our balcony and how big it was. But take notice that ours was narrow.

MagicBalcony_zps6ead6ed1.jpg

Sweet. I just called and they gave me the aft-view extended for $20 more than my current booking (I didn't see that rate online, but I wasn't gonna argue with they guy!). I'm gonna keep it a surprise for my husband. :D

Congrats! That's an awesome deal! So no convincing needed! However...you will love it. One of my guy friends is 6'8" and he had the problem of having a hard time "stretching" out on a regular balcony. They booked an extended aft for our next cruise. Plus the views cannot be beat! It will be unbelievably peaceful for you and your DH while your little one is sleeping. The sound of the wake is amazing.

991732517_cruise148.jpg.bd25fbf00072d9094b81b3dce8094475.jpg

Sweet. I just called and they gave me the aft-view extended for $20 more than my current booking (I didn't see that rate online, but I wasn't gonna argue with they guy!). I'm gonna keep it a surprise for my husband. :D

Great deal and what a nice surprise for your husband. You will love the view and the sound of the wake. Have a great cruise!

We had an extended aft view on the Dream, and it was awesome with 2chairs, a small table and lounge chair. Booked one again for our upcoming cruise on the Legend, hope its as nice:D

Edited by topspot