Price Drop

I know this may have already been asked, but unable to locate it. My question is "Do Royal Caribbean offer price drops like Carnival does? Thanks in advance.

Royal Caribbean will honor a price drop IF:

It is before your final payment date.

It is not a price "for new bookings only."

How do you know if it's for new bookings only? Is in the small print, I had a price drop over the weekend and put a hold on our cabins b/c of a price drop so I called my TA on Monday to get a price adjustment, so far NOTHING! Haven't heard from her, but I'm sure she is busy. RCCL said it's a weekend special, so does that mean I won't get a price drop?

How do you know if it's for new bookings only? Is in the small print, I had a price drop over the weekend and put a hold on our cabins b/c of a price drop so I called my TA on Monday to get a price adjustment, so far NOTHING! Haven't heard from her, but I'm sure she is busy. RCCL said it's a weekend special, so does that mean I won't get a price drop?

The sailings that are listed on the weekly sales flyer are for new bookings. Beyond that, I can't tell if a price is restricted except when Royal tells me I can't have the lower price.

The sailings that are listed on the weekly sales flyer are for new bookings. Beyond that, I can't tell if a price is restricted except when Royal tells me I can't have the lower price.

Which seems to be more and more often these days:)

I have read that many people here have called and been told that the price was a weekend special only to call back and get another rep that will honour the price drop.

Not sure what you mean by put a hold on your cabins? If you already have cabins did you place a 24 hour courtesy hold on more cabins? If so then those holds have probably expired as they are only 24 hour holds.

If you saw the price drop on the weekend and the price is still down then they should honour the drop as it has been more than a couple of days.

I have read that many people here have called and been told that the price was a weekend special only to call back and get another rep that will honour the price drop.

Not sure what you mean by put a hold on your cabins? If you already have cabins did you place a 24 hour courtesy hold on more cabins? If so then those holds have probably expired as they are only 24 hour holds.

If you saw the price drop on the weekend and the price is still down then they should honour the drop as it has been more than a couple of days.

I put a courtesy hold on it, BUT instead of the 24 hrs. the rccl rep told me she could hold until the 26th. It isn't my original cabins, So, I'm willing to switch if my TA would call me. Yes, the price was a little higher on Monday.

I know this may have already been asked, but unable to locate it. My question is "Do Royal Caribbean offer price drops like Carnival does? Thanks in advance.

Thank you for asking that question.:):)

I've been on CC for a while and didn't realize that feature was there.:):)

Royal Caribbean will honor a price drop IF:

It is before your final payment date.

It is not a price "for new bookings only."

And your booking was made in US$ (bookings made in other countries or with non-American travel agents have change fees before the final payment date).

This question is asked all the time. Royal Caribbean does not handle price drops in the same exact way that Carnival does. It's mostly based on the type of cabin fare you purchased and when your final payment due date is. Royal and Carnival have different rules on how you can handle any price drops.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks everyone for you input. I now have a little more information to gage by.

Eng23, could you elaborate on how RC handles the price drop, I would be most gracious, thanks. Have only been on Monarch with RC and that was their oldest ship at the time.