Carnival Pier Runners

cricket_7

I was watching You Tube videos last night of Carnival pier runners. There were a few instances where the ship actually pulled back up and picked up the pier runners and other instances where others were left behind. I would assume it's the captains call if they leave them or pick them up?

I was also wondering what would happen if a pier runner actually jumped in the water and tried to swim to the ship. Would this cause the ship to stop? Lol. I'm surprised that someone who was desperate hasn't tried this or maybe they have and I have not heard about it?

Edited by cricket_7

My guess is that if you jumped into the water you would get picked up by harbor security, not the cruise ship. Now, they may then take you to meet up with the ship in the water, but depending on maritime law, they may also throw you in the brig ;) Also, considering they usually have some very serious automatic weapons mounted to the front of the boat, I wouldn't want to make them mad.

My guess is that if you jumped into the water you would get picked up by harbor security, not the cruise ship. Now, they may then take you to meet up with the ship in the water, but depending on maritime law, they may also throw you in the brig ;) Also, considering they usually have some very serious automatic weapons mounted to the front of the boat, I wouldn't want to make them mad.

That person wouldn't have to pay for a drink for the rest of the cruise! Can you imagine the cheering from the top decks and balconies when said person started swimming.