"Upgrade" Offer

J_Viggy

Hi:

Just got an email offering a junior suite for $510 more. This is for the Triumph's 4/21 sailing. We are currently in an aft view extended balcony (which I just called and upgraded to yesterday, incidentally).

I feel like $510 is a bit pricey for this, but this is our first cruise so I really have no point of reference for how awesome a junior suite might be. I just priced it with a mock booking on the site and its about $100 less than what I think is a comparable room (its showing nothing available on Deck 7, although that is what they are offering me with this upgrade).

Any thoughts on whether this is a good deal? What's the likelihood they will drop the price on this upgrade and offer it to me again at a lower price?:p

tHow do these upgrade offers work? I booked my mom and sister in an interior room for our upcomibg cruise in May and now my mom is thinking that she would like a window view room? Is it best to wait it out and hope we get an upgrade offer or call the agent who booked me and hope she can get a pretty good deal? All advice is appreciated.

tHow do these upgrade offers work? I booked my mom and sister in an interior room for our upcomibg cruise in May and now my mom is thinking that she would like a window view room? Is it best to wait it out and hope we get an upgrade offer or call the agent who booked me and hope she can get a pretty good deal? All advice is appreciated.

you should always book what is acceptable to you.

if you want to get an ocean view you need to call your TA or PVP and ask them how much it would be to upgrade and then do it that waiting. waiting for an upsell or upgrade call is always a bad strategy, there have been people on here who have cruised 20+ times and have never received that call.

to the OP, unless the price you got for what you currently have was totalllllly awesome, $510 seems high, i might go for it if it were half that though. but i don't have a huge affinity for the aft-view.