What exactly is specialty coffee?

Sorry if this has been covered, or you consider it a dumb question.

What exactly is considered a specialty coffee? I'm not a coffee drinker so I won't be ordering the ultimate package, just the premium for me. My husband on the other hand would probably have some coffee in the morning and possibly with dinner. Just depends on what other drinks he has with dinner. At home he really just drinks regular coffee with flavored creamer.

Would you recommend he jumps up to the ultimate package to include the specialty coffee or do you think the regular coffee served on the ship would be fine? Do they offer flavored creamers on the ship? He just recently started drinking coffee so we never even looked for them on previous cruises.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by readytolose

What exactly is considered a specialty coffee? I'm not a coffee drinker so I won't be ordering the ultimate package, just the premium for me. My husband on the other hand would probably have some coffee in the morning and possibly with dinner. Just depends on what other drinks he has with dinner. At home he really just drinks regular coffee with flavored creamer.

Would you recommend he jumps up to the ultimate package to include the specialty coffee or do you think the regular coffee served on the ship would be fine? Do they offer flavored creamers on the ship? He just recently started drinking coffee so we never even looked for them on previous cruises.

Thanks for the help!

Not sure about the difference of costs between the two packages. May want to compare if he purchased a specialty coffee once a day and paid for it outright vs upgrading to the ultimate package since it doesn't sound like he's a super coffee drinker. Could always have an Irish coffee...not that's some flavored creamer!! ;) :)

Thanks for the help!

Specialty coffee is any coffee that is not free.

Latte, cappucino, mocha, frappucino...those sorts of things. With the packages, it might be Starbucks BRAND espresso being used, but you will be going to Latte-tudes or any other names the coffee places have.

But NOT for a branded Starbucks location on the ships like Oasis. If it says Starbucks in green above the place, even if you have a package that includes a mocha, you can't use the package there. Go back to Latte-tudes or whatever it's called on your ship, and get pretty much the exact same thing you would have gotten from Starbucks (on Freedom they had sbux cups and even straws), but not FROM "Starbucks".

If your husband just drinks regular coffee, there's no point in the package that includes frappucinos, I would think. Regular coffee is free from the places like Latte-tudes.