Price drop UK

Hi.

Just wondered whether anyone has had a price drop in the uk granted recently

Our cruise has dropped (albeit only £100 though that isn't the point of course!) and isn't until October so haven't paid in full yet.

We booked direct with RCI and I phoned them. The agent was very helpful but said the booking wasn't allowing him to apply new price. He then said he was going to e mail someone asking them to alter our price. That would take about a week.

I'm not very optimistic. If they aren't giving price drops what is the point of booking early and giving them your deposit. Apart from cabin choice of course.

Anyone else?

We had a price drop on our upcoming Norwegian Fjord cruise in early May. Phoned and told them- got £700+ taken off. As long as it's before final payment they should change it for you. Just be persistent- took me @ 25 minutes on the phone to get it sorted!!

Please do keep us posted.

We have a cruise booked in October which has dropped significantly in Price buy have been told we can't have the price drop as it's due to a promotion they're running at the moment so only for new bookings. I know this not to be the case as someone in the us has had the drop applied.

We've always managed to get them in the past but since the move to Guatemala everything seems to be going pear-shaped with the uk office :mad:

I intend to try again when the current promotion - which is only available in the US anyway - has finished

Edited by Bobal

I am going round in circles.

Can I then hassle RCCI tomorrow because the WOW promotion in the UK is up today?

Had some excellent advice from cruise critic boards but still unable to make the people in the offices see sense.

Had excuses for not honouring huge price drops ranging from 'lesser prices showing because there is a hitch with the website' to 'new bookings only'.

What to do?

What to do?

I am going round in circles.

Can I then hassle RCCI tomorrow because the WOW promotion in the UK is up today?

Had some excellent advice from cruise critic boards but still unable to make the people in the offices see sense.

Had excuses for not honouring huge price drops ranging from 'lesser prices showing because there is a hitch with the website' to 'new bookings only'.

What to do?

What to do?

Do not leave it until tomorrow...weekends are even worse now in UK office(Guatemala)

Call and ask for the Resolution Team/Desk/Manager and request they look into it for you.

Do not leave it until tomorrow...weekends are even worse now in UK office(Guatemala)

Call and ask for the Resolution Team/Desk/Manager and request they look into it for you.

Thank you so much- I will do that right now.

Are you saying then that the price drop should be honoured?

Thanks.

We had a price drop on our upcoming Norwegian Fjord cruise in early May. Phoned and told them- got £700+ taken off. As long as it's before final payment they should change it for you. Just be persistent- took me @ 25 minutes on the phone to get it sorted!!

It does not seem to be consistent

I made 4 phone calls over a period of 10 days each time was refused a price drop on my April cruise and it was before final payment

Thank you so much- I will do that right now.

Are you saying then that the price drop should be honoured?

Thanks.

I don't know exactly what the rules are these days with UK bookings ( I book in US)...they seem to change their minds every day on price drops...that is why if you really think you should get the price drop it is usually best to take it to the Resolution Team if you can...they should know really what can and cannot be done ..and be up to date on the rules.

Good luck.

Edited by Elizanessie
spelling

Something is very very wrong with RCCL in Europe. We are from Germany and I received my price adjustment today after waiting 10 work days. My TA emailed and called daily, spent hours at the phone. RCCL Frankfurt office recently transfered services to the Netherlands, a RCCL FRA employee told us the cheapest call center available.

They could not operate the software to change the price for an existing booking. My TA called an inside sales person, supervising the call center, and yes they managed to change after 10 days.

Now, the other price adjustment in the pipeline was asked for 2 weeks ago and still no response to my TA. It is a mess!

College students learn in their first semester that the cheapest call-center may not be the most cost-effective. RCCL Europe has turned to an annoyance for both, new and loyal customers

Hi.

Just wondered whether anyone has had a price drop in the uk granted recently

Our cruise has dropped (albeit only £100 though that isn't the point of course!) and isn't until October so haven't paid in full yet.

We booked direct with RCI and I phoned them. The agent was very helpful but said the booking wasn't allowing him to apply new price. He then said he was going to e mail someone asking them to alter our price. That would take about a week.

I'm not very optimistic. If they aren't giving price drops what is the point of booking early and giving them your deposit. Apart from cabin choice of course.

Anyone else?

It is my understanding, from reading other threads, that the UK has some very strong consumer protection laws. However, you are stuck with the price you paid.

Here, on the other side of the "pond" we do have consumer protection laws, but they are not as strong as the UK consumer protection laws. However, we can take advantage of price drops - before final payment - in most cases.

In four cruises RCCL have never agreed to the price drop. They always tell me I'm in a room category that does not have a price drop. I have questioned the fact that because we book a wheelchair accessible room should not exclude us from price drops but I think they just use it as an excuse.

Last year I booked with HAL and I recently rang them to ask if they would honour the price drop to UK cruisers as they do to those from the USA. They said they did but when they checked the same problem arose that my category room was not reduced. I accepted it but she then said she would speak to her manager and came back and gave me a reduction of £1200.

I will still sail with RCCL because of the convenience of sailing from Southampton but the customer service I have received from HAL so far has been much better.

WE GOT THE PRICE DROP!!!

Have to say didn't expect it. Checked my e mails this morning and it had one from rccl with new guest documentation showing the new price. Only £100 but hey!!! Very happy. That'll pay for a few bottles of wine!!

Didn't have to hassle them either. As said in my earlier post the agent just sent an e mail off (guess may be to the resolution team or something) and documents appeared 2 days later. :)

Good luck all.

That's great Trolleydolley, well done :D. We've always been given the "new bookings only" or "wrong stateroom category" stories and have never received a price drop - but we have been able to upgrade from a balcony (E1) to a Junior Suite for £50 each on our last two RCI cruises and I was happy with that.

Gill