Book cheaper while on board?

We are looking to book another cruise but will be on the Breeze in a few weeks. Do they give significant discounts if you book your next cruise while on a cruise?

Thanks in advance :)

Last time I went which was about couple years ago I believe it was $100 off a future 6-8 day cruise.

Last time I went which was about couple years ago I believe it was $100 off a future 6-8 day cruise.

This was still in effect on my Splendor cruise last month. 3 to 5 day cruises receive $50 on board credit and longer than 8 days received $200.

The rate you get is the same as you would get online. The only discount is the amounts mentioned above.

Splendor offered double the on board credit if you book a cruise that sailed by May 31, 2014. That is a super deal. Unfortunately I could not take advantage of it.

Edited by JohnSpo

Disagree with PaperBKWriter. You will pay the same rate as you will get online as a previous poster identified. I did just this on a cruise for next Jan. Had all of the pertinent info I needed (dates, starting port, cabin, cost). And went to the FCC desk and booked it at the same price I would have done online. But now, I get a $100 OBC as well.

Steve

Carnival.com is free at the internet cafe on board. If you really want to book something while on board, I'd double check the prices, dates and itineraries online before booking and THEN go to the desk. In my experience, the onboard agents are not usually the most helpful, nor the most well informed. They tend to do what's easy, not what's correct.

Last time I booked on board I had to argue with them to give me the rate I knew was available. Having JUST been to the internet cafe to double check everything because of a previous bad experience, the guy told me the rate I was requesting was not applicable for my sailing. I pulled out the printed copy of what I'd found online and he changed his tune pretty quickly. Got my price and my OBC - but if I hadn't been informed ahead, I'd have paid almost $100 more per person and NOT on early saver, either ...

For those of us who do a little research ahead, this can be a great avenue to get some extra perks. I'm thinking they're used to dealing with the first time cruisers onboard, however, so they don't usually have to work too hard.

Queen,

There have been others who said the same thing about having bad FCC people to deal with on the ship when booking the next cruise. I guess I was lucky to have Geoff on the Freedom in Dec. Very nice person, helpful, talked with wife and I about other options but agreed what we were doing was best.

But like you said, I did come well prepared with the info I got online the day before while in the hotel waiting for the cruise, even down to the cabin # I wanted.

Steve

queen,

there have been others who said the same thing about having bad fcc people to deal with on the ship when booking the next cruise. I guess i was lucky to have geoff on the freedom in dec. Very nice person, helpful, talked with wife and i about other options but agreed what we were doing was best.

But like you said, i did come well prepared with the info i got online the day before while in the hotel waiting for the cruise, even down to the cabin # i wanted.

Steve

same for us =we booked on the freedom with geoff for a 15 day to hawaii and got $200 obc. I was prepared with all my info also and the numbers came out exactly what i had on my paperwork! Easy peasy to get the extra obc. Can't wait! Hardest part for me was waiting for the fcc desk to open. I booked the 1st day it was open!

The rate isn't cheaper but you do get an OBC depending on the length of the cruise you book.

$50 for 3-5 day

$100 for 6-7 day

$200 for 8+ day

Wish that was so. We're doing an 8-day and received $100 OBC for it. Our 6-day is only $75 OBC.

Can't remember where $200 starts - I think 12 or more days.