Just got off Enchantment of the seas!!! 2-24-14 Review and pics!!

After the dolphin encounter and showering on the ship we headed back out to walk up to John Watlings Distillery. Which was kind of a walk since its uphill. But worth it since I had one of the best pina coladas I have ever had! I wish I could have one right now!!

20140226_141851.jpg

The building in front of the distillery.

20140226_141856.jpg

My mom bought a bottle :)

20140226_142154.jpg

20140226_145236.jpg

20140226_145332.jpg

20140226_145340.jpg

Then we headed to Graycliff on the way back. We showed up later in the day so we didnt get to see the people actually working and making the chocolate and cigars but it was still neat to see.

All gowned up!

20140226_150914.jpg

Room where they make the cigars

20140226_153203.jpg

The pool at graycliff. Kinda cool to think that a pirate lived here... you can see how old the stone is.

20140226_153634.jpg

20140226_153932.jpg

20140226_153944.jpg

I also noticed for those of you who have been there, that by the fountain in the courtyard it looks like there used to be a doorway but go covered up in stone in the wall behind it. I wonder...

Edited by Cmoore19

On the way back there is a little shack that sells conch salad. I heard you have to try it. We were a little worried about getting sick but hey when in rome right? It was so cool to see him prepare the whole thing in front of us. From pulling it out of the shell to cutting everything from scratch.

20140226_160939.jpg

20140226_160951.jpg

The place we got it from. Its right before Senor Frogs.

20140226_161734.jpg

Edited by Cmoore19

I love this review! We plan to do the distillery and Graycliff and Junkanoo beach while we're there!

Were the distillery and Graycliff easy to get to?

Easy walking distance from the ship.

Blue Lagoon is our favorite part of Nassau. We were there this past August. The excursion through the ship was sold out so I got off the ship early and walked down to "the info desk". We were able to purchase the same beach excursion for half the price of the ship and we got to stay all day as opposed to the 2-3 hrs with the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love this review! We plan to do the distillery and Graycliff and Junkanoo beach while we're there!

Were the distillery and Graycliff easy to get to?

Its pretty easy. Part of it is uphill. Which can suck if its like 90% humidity. But thats the only hard part. Coming back is real easy.

Blue Lagoon is our favorite part of Nassau. We were there this past August. The excursion through the ship was sold out so I got off the ship early and walked down to "the info desk". We were able to purchase the same beach excursion for half the price of the ship and we got to stay all day as opposed to the 2-3 hrs with the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh thats awesome! I didnt know they regulated you when you buy it through the ship like that.

So that night after our Nassau excursions we were spent. We just ordered room service and relaxed in the room. We were so tired we slept through the attendant knocking on the door with our food!

Anyways, the next day was our day at sea. So we didnt do much. Just walked around grabbed some food. My husband said before we got on the ship he was gonna have one of those pineapple drinks and he did! We also played a little ping pong ball. Well they did. I just watched. I am horrible at it. Here are some pictures of that day :)

20140227_112951.jpg

20140227_113020.jpg

20140227_113045.jpg

20140227_113117.jpg

Here is a video from the first day with our drinks:

http://s132.photobucket.com/user/jetta18tgirl/media/Bahamas%20Feb%202014/20140224_114222.mp4.html

And a video of Disco Inferno night which was awesome!

http://s132.photobucket.com/user/jetta18tgirl/media/Bahamas%20Feb%202014/20140225_221922.mp4.html

Disembarkation next day was fairly easy. We chose to just take our luggage off since we didn't have much, and get to the airport to relax since we didn't fly back till 430. But before that we had to make one last stop at Lattitudes for coffee. We stopped there probably 3 times throughout the trip. It was nice to have a coffee shop on the ship and grab a muffin instead of having to go to the Windjammer. While I am on the subject of Windjammer... I was not impressed. Like I said hubby had lips on his coffee mug form the previous person and when he took it back the guy just took it and didnt say anything and gave him another one. The food for breakfast I thought was not that great. Lunch was good though. If we could eat somewhere else on the ship we did after that. That was my only complaint on the ship though. The service was awesome. The food in the main dining room was great! I was quite impressed with this cruise. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I also have some video from our trip I can post if anyone would like to see :)

Loved your review and the pictures. Was on the Enchantment last Sept and boarding again in May for a friend's 50th and his first cruise; with about 10 in our group. Looking forward to another visit to John Watling's, Fish Fry for fritters, and a stop by Fat Tuesday's.

You mentioned Celebrity; sailed the Constellation this past December and I would not hesitate to book another Celebrity Cruise.

Cheers! Bing Bong! :D

Loved your review and the pictures. Was on the Enchantment last Sept and boarding again in May for a friend's 50th and his first cruise; with about 10 in our group. Looking forward to another visit to John Watling's, Fish Fry for fritters, and a stop by Fat Tuesday's.

You mentioned Celebrity; sailed the Constellation this past December and I would not hesitate to book another Celebrity Cruise.

Cheers! Bing Bong! :D

Bing Bong! I loved him on the cruise! He was one of my favorite parts. Bing bong is now a running joke at our house along with chubbie bunny. lol Yeah John Watlings is fun :) Wow 10 thats a pretty big group. not sure if I could keep up with that lol.

Well we are back from Enchantment of the seas, out of Port Canaveral. :) It was a 4 night 5 day cruise to the Bahamas. I wanted to do a review since I loved reading and seeing pictures from everyone's review.

Little background:

Me and my husband have been wanting to go on a cruise for a while. (Years) So we finally decided the only way we are gonna be able to do it is to just book it! And thats what we did. It was my husband and I and my mom and brother. This was our first cruise and wont be our last cause like everyone else we are hooked. We already booked our next one in 2015. Jewel of the Seas for the California coast. We live in San Diego so we wouldnt have to fly. Plus the ship is only there for a couple dates and we didnt want to miss it! So we booked it while on the Enchantment and signed up for crown and anchor. :)

So here comes the review!

Great review!! Were also from San Diego (San Marcos to be exact) and we are also thinking about doing the Jewel Repo from San Diego. We are booked on the Indy in a few weeks and cant wait. Definitely buying a next cruise certificate and going to think real hard about the Jewel.

If you like the Enchantment wait til you try a few of the bigger girls, they will blow you away!!

Keep up the the great review!! :D

Great review!! Were also from San Diego (San Marcos to be exact) and we are also thinking about doing the Jewel Repo from San Diego. We are booked on the Indy in a few weeks and cant wait. Definitely buying a next cruise certificate and going to think real hard about the Jewel.

If you like the Enchantment wait til you try a few of the bigger girls, they will blow you away!!

Keep up the the great review!! :D

How funny we are in san marcos also!! Yeah we are excited! You should do the jewel! We have never been to san fran before and have always wanted to go so why not cruise it!!

I know I want to go on oasis or allure! They look amazing!

Hi, This will be my 1'st RC cruise, and on the Enchantment. Can you tell me about the disembarking process and time it took? I am going to arrange private transportation and in no huge rush. 1:00 flight Thanks!

Its super fast. We were up around 6:30am and we chose to take our own luggage off the ship. You can have them take your luggage off for you by putting your luggage out the night before. Our time to get off the ship was between 7:15 to 8:00 I believe. (dont quote me on that) We went and got in line and we were off in about 15-20 minutes. They put instructions in your room the night before and they will announce it in the morning when its time to get in line. Its pretty easy. They will also give you a customs form you fill out the night before to get through customs about what you bought out of the country. We were off the ship and then on our shuttle and to the airport before 10am lol It was really quick. In fact we go there so early we couldnt even get our boarding passes yet. We had to wait a few hours. Our flight was at 4:30pm.

Hope this helps!

regarding the places you went in Nassau - would you recommend them for kids (16, 13, 9)?

We have been to Nassau two other times (both Disney cruises) -the first time the girls were young so we got off the ship walked around and got back on. It was a long time ago and I remember thinking the girls would have more fun staying on ship. So our second time there we never left the ship -it was a blast, it was so bare we felt like we had it to ourselves. We also never wanted to spend a lot of money to go to Paradise Island since we paid so much for the Disney cruises (worth every penny).

but this trip coming up on the Enchantment in 2 1/2 weeks...we would like to see Nassau again. I think we would have more fun there now that the kids are older.

I am looking for viable option without spending a lot (so no Paradise Island)

your thoughts ...or anyones :)

Hmm. Not so sure they would be interested in the rum tour so thats probably out. I highly recommend beach day at blue lagoon island! Its beautiful there and I think its 29 bucks per person. The water is beautiful as you can see from the pic I posted earlier. We did the dolphin encounter which is usually 98 per person if you book it through blue lagoon. As far as actual nassau I am not sure. They also have the chocolate factory tour. Thats I think 10 per person. Or just enjoy the beaches at nassau. :)

regarding the places you went in Nassau - would you recommend them for kids (16, 13, 9)?

We have been to Nassau two other times (both Disney cruises) -the first time the girls were young so we got off the ship walked around and got back on. It was a long time ago and I remember thinking the girls would have more fun staying on ship. So our second time there we never left the ship -it was a blast, it was so bare we felt like we had it to ourselves. We also never wanted to spend a lot of money to go to Paradise Island since we paid so much for the Disney cruises (worth every penny).

but this trip coming up on the Enchantment in 2 1/2 weeks...we would like to see Nassau again. I think we would have more fun there now that the kids are older.

I am looking for viable option without spending a lot (so no Paradise Island)

your thoughts ...or anyones :)

I have been many times via DCL, I recommend the straw market or taking a cab to the Sheraton and having a beach day there. Both are very easy.

Thanks OP!