Just got off Enchantment of the seas!!! 2-24-14 Review and pics!!

You mentioned that you took the shuttle from the Radisson to the port...did you have to book that in advance or did you book it when you got to the hotel? Also what time did the shuttle leave the hotel in the morning? Was it crowded? This is the one thing left for me to plan before we cruise on Enchantment in April! Great review so far!!! :-)

You mentioned that you took the shuttle from the Radisson to the port...did you have to book that in advance or did you book it when you got to the hotel? Also what time did the shuttle leave the hotel in the morning? Was it crowded? This is the one thing left for me to plan before we cruise on Enchantment in April! Great review so far!!! :-)

It cost us 18 for three people, we left at 1030 in the morning and it was super efficient and fast: I signed us up the night before when we checked in so our name was on the reservation for that particular shuttle

OP - sounds like we had the same pre cruise plan too ! I enjoyed the hotel though, everyone was lovely. I'm sorry it didn't go that way for you :(

We actually booked it the night we got in. We were also able to get on the 10:30 shuttle. It wasnt crowded and we didnt wait long either. I think it was like 24 bucks for 4 of us. Don't remember the exact amount.

Edited by Cmoore19

Your review is great! Fun to read. We are considering this ship for the 3 day itinerary in Oct for the entire family. There are 12 of us including DH, myself 6 adult kids/in-laws & 4 grandsons ages 1-9 at the time. Good cruise for a family? Or should I continue saving my pennies and hope to afford Disney at some point???:o

Your review is great! Fun to read. We are considering this ship for the 3 day itinerary in Oct for the entire family. There are 12 of us including DH, myself 6 adult kids/in-laws & 4 grandsons ages 1-9 at the time. Good cruise for a family? Or should I continue saving my pennies and hope to afford Disney at some point???:o

I think it would be a great cruise for anyone. Not to long. Esp the 3 day. But I have heard from multiple people on the ship that Disney is worth every penny. I ran into a lady that has been on 7 Disney cruises and would cruise them all the time if she could. The only reason she went on the Enchantment was her and her husband could go for the price of one on Disney. I think the kids would definitely benefit from the Disney cruise cause they have so much to do for them. (like a treasure hunt with peter pan) And that also gives you some adult time if needed. But I would always recommend this 3 or 4 night royal Caribbean cruise. It was our first and I was quite impressed. So I guess it just depends on what your priorities are. Either way you wont be disappointed!

Its was behind the radisson at the port. Just a few blocks. Its pretty much just a public park. I guess some times during the year they have manatee's there. Its free to go. Then they have board walks along the water and you can see the port in the distance. I have a quick video of it if you would like to see it.

Oh, okay - thanks! Did you see Manatee? wondering if we should stop when we get off the ship on Friday.

Oh, okay - thanks! Did you see Manatee? wondering if we should stop when we get off the ship on Friday.

Nope we didn't see anything. But it was cool to see the ship in the distance. It was really humid that day too. So you might wanna take some water if walking lol.

we went last month with 4 children ages 10-13 and we had a blast and it was about 1/2 of a disney cruise

we went last month with 4 children ages 10-13 and we had a blast and it was about 1/2 of a disney cruise

That is good to hear! Thanks! It's really about gather our family from across the country and spending time together. Just found out my T.A. is out of town! I'll have to call his assistant and get this moving!:)

Thanks for the feedback, CMoore. I am sure Disney is worth every penny! The other problem with Disney is that their 3 day begins on Thursday, not Friday. I just can't justify it for 3 days when the sale right now is so good!

Yeah I agree! Royal has some good deals! No matter what it will be fun!

Nice review - thank you! Would like to take the 4 day EOS at some point.

We have done 2 Disney cruises when our kids were younger and we all loved it! We are Disney nuts, so anything Disney we are all about it. The thing I notice now is I feel like Disney is pricing us out of cruising with them (and now there are only 3 of us as the oldest two are now married), even in the off season. RCCL seems to be just as nice and we have a lot fun. DS -16, took his first RCCL last year and loved every second of it! Loved the teen club.

Yes we love Disney. Would we cruise Disney again? Yes if we could get a great deal! Disney or RCCL? Both are awesome:)

So today was the busiest day! We had originally booked the Dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon Island. It was at 3pm. When we got to our room the first day they has rescheduled it to first thing in the morning which worked out better for us since we could do that first then explore Nassau. We also went to the John Watlings Rum Distillery and Graycliff chocolate and cigar factory.

We got up around 6ish in order to get ready, grab some breakfast at the windjammer and be down to get on the boat at 7:45.

Once on the boat, the ride over was amazing! The water kept getting clearer and clearer! We could see the star fish at the bottom. One of the crew members was showing us all the stars homes on paradise island. (Oprah, Beyonce & Jay Z, Tiger Woods etc.) Once to the island I was amazed at how gorgeous it was. I didnt want to leave. I wanted to snorkel in that clear blue water so bad. But we had other things to do. Once through orientation for the Dolphin Encounter it was time to get in the water. The whole experience was awesome. Swimming with dolphins was on my bucket list. This was worth every penny!!

Here are some pictures from the experience.

20140226_073807.jpg

20140226_073815.jpg

20140226_082153.jpg

20140226_082158.jpg

Enjoying your review! We were on Enchantment the 4 day cruise prior to yours, and I am still not ready to do my review yet!:o

Looks like you had a good first cruise and it it was like ours weather wise- it's was just smooth as glass, perfect for a first cruise!

You def chose right doing Blue Lagoon! We had been in April and I would have gone back for the "beach day" excursion, but like you found it was only offered in the afternoon:( I should have checked on board because we did the Discover Atlantis instead and were not "perfectly delighted" ;) At least it was paid for by OBC, so that took the sting out a bit!

Looking forward to the rest!

Enjoying your review! We were on Enchantment the 4 day cruise prior to yours, and I am still not ready to do my review yet!:o

Looks like you had a good first cruise and it it was like ours weather wise- it's was just smooth as glass, perfect for a first cruise!

You def chose right doing Blue Lagoon! We had been in April and I would have gone back for the "beach day" excursion, but like you found it was only offered in the afternoon:( I should have checked on board because we did the Discover Atlantis instead and were not "perfectly delighted" ;) At least it was paid for by OBC, so that took the sting out a bit!

Looking forward to the rest!

Oh you didnt like Atlantis? My hubby didnt want to pay the crazy prices. Which I dont blame him and I am glad we went to Blue Lagoon instead. I am also glad we did first thing cause while we were waiting for the first ferry back they were unloading like crazy then another one showed up and it was packed. A lot of kids from disney I noticed.