new to Seabourn

aussiechick7

Hi everyone,

Just planning our first cruise with Seabourn:),

I have a couple of questions;

Are beer wine and spirits free?;)

And how do I get a ticket for OBC from another Seabourn cruiser:rolleyes:

Thinking of booking Riviera in October from Athens to Monte Carlo.

Thanks in advance:D

Hye Aussiechick7 ..

Congratulations on an excellent decision .. a Seabourn cruise is a game changer .. you may never leave them once you've tried them ..

First Question .. Yes, Seabourn is all inclusive when it comes to beverages .. you get to select your favourite drink for the mini bar in your room - champagne on arrival - and a full selection of beers / wines and spirits in the bars and restaurants ..

Second Question .. for information on the OBC checkout the first thread .. there are heaps of people happy to help you out [including myself, look for my post] ..

My wife and I live in Perth and we are headed off in a couple of weeks to join the Seabourn Quest .. and are already booked on the Seabourn Legend in 2015 ..

Happy Cruising ..

Hi everyone,

Just planning our first cruise with Seabourn:),

I have a couple of questions;

Are beer wine and spirits free?;)

And how do I get a ticket for OBC from another Seabourn cruiser:rolleyes:

Thinking of booking Riviera in October from Athens to Monte Carlo.

Thanks in advance:D

Hi aussiechick. Are you also looking at an Oceania cruise (on Riviera) or will your Seabourn cruise be in October? Which ship are you considering for this first cruise?

As foxlands has said about the beer/wine/spirits, you can choose which drinks you want them to stock your mini bar with, and they will keep it stocked for the duration of the cruise. Premium brands are available, certainly in vodkas (my own area of expertise :o), so Grey Goose, Belvedere, Ketel One etc.

If you're at the pool deck during the daytime the bar staff will walk round with trays of different cocktails for you to try, or of course you can order whatever you prefer.

If you're a wine drinker there's a selection of included wines. These are poured very freely at lunch and dinner! Or there is a wine list if you prefer to choose a better quality wine, but there is a charge for those wines.

• 2 weeks later...
There's a sticky for this at the top. Best idea is to post there.

I gather u need to claim as you make final payment and as we sail in 10 days we have paid. Thanks for info at least we tried

Regards

JimGib

I gather u need to claim as you make final payment and as we sail in 10 days we have paid. Thanks for info at least we tried

Regards

JimGib

No it can be lodged after final payment but I think 10 days is probably too fine to get it processed.

• 2 weeks later...

This is very likely a difficult / impossible question to answer, how do Seabourn excursions stack up in terms of value / quality. Is it possible to compare between cruise lines in terms of value and quality - or do cruise lines generally use the same land tour groups and just charge whatever they think is reasonable...?? Does Seabourn advertise excursion prices on its website ?? Thank you for any advice.

I understand that mass market lines and "near" Seabourn lines will fill their tour buses before setting them off to tour. This seldom happens at Seabourn as you are paying in the tour price for more comfort- fewer people to seat near with the benefits that with other things being equal the tour is more manageable and thereby more peasant. Two thirds full or less is my experience.

Happy sailing!