Looking for Clarification

mobydog

Hi All- we have been having an ongoing discussion (and have gotten different answers out of Carnival) on our roll call...and I am hoping you can all share your experiences.

On the ITINERARY provided prior to the cruise Carnival told me that these are actual local times in port. While the PRINTED MATERIAL on the boat will show the ship time for arrivals/departures and to ensure that we keep to ship time to ensure we embark at the appropriate time.

Something different was shared with my fellow passenger on the roll call...they were told our ITINERARY times provided prior to the cruise were ship time.

What was your experience? I am trying to book private excursions and hope to get this clarified.

For example, the ITINERARY says we will be in Belize from 8 a.m.- 5p.m. (if it is actually SHIP time and not LOCAL time, then in actuality we would be there from 6 a.m. - 3 p.m.)....this is a big difference if trying to hop a ferry to an island.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

..People here are correct. All times are ship's time, NOT local time. Keep your wristwatch on ship's time and DO NOT rely on your cell phone (if you are carrying it.) Your cell phone will change to local time.

I agree with all. Itinerary is ship time. Keep your watch on ship time unless you are told otherwise officially. Plus, Belize is a tender port so you likely won't be on shore at 6 a.m. local time anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk