Quad Plaza Deck Cabins on Grand Princess

secretcastle

Does anyone know what the layout is of the Plaza Deck Quad Oceanview cabins if there is only 2 people ? Do the pull down bunks take up any extra space? Thank you so much !

(Sorry, I would have run a search if it was available)

On Plaza deck, the upper berths are attached to the cabin side walls above the lower berths and fold out from the wall. If you try to put the 2 lower beds together without using the uppers, you can be in an awkward situation to get to either side since the upper berths stick out about 8 to 10 inches. We cruised with our daughter who was still in a crib in one of these rooms, we had the crib in the closet and decided to try sleeping 1950's style, with the beds separated which worked well. An added benefit of these rooms is that if the upper bunks arent used, you can use them to store things or lay out clothes...just watch your head as you get up. im 6'0" and sitting on the bed, my head was just a little too high and i would have to kink my neck to sit there.

We had one of these ONCE - notice the caps! The beds will crack you in the head if you are not very careful! I will never choose one with the pull down beds again, even though I LOVE the Plaza deck! If you are over 5'6, you will definitely get your head bumped numerous times!