Can I upgrade someone else's cabin if I have her booking reference?

RCH1234

I'm going on a cruise with a friend and we each have our own room. She's booked in an interior and I know for a fact she would love a balcony. I know it's unlikely but does anyone know if I can call and upgrade her without her knowing? I know it wouldn't be a problem if I were a girl but I'm not. lol

I'm going on a cruise with a friend and we each have our own room. She's booked in an interior and I know for a fact she would love a balcony. I know it's unlikely but does anyone know if I can call and upgrade her without her knowing? I know it wouldn't be a problem if I were a girl but I'm not. lol

That is very cool of you to do for a friend! We did do this for my inlaws on a carnival cruise as a surprise and carnival had no issue doing it. We do have the same last name but they booked separately from us and we linked after the fact so we could be at the same mdr table.

It's worth a try!

We upgraded my sister's room last year as a surprise, but we use the same PVP so I don't know if that made a difference. Our PVP knows us well and I did have the booking number, but really didn't even need that since she already had all of our information. We don't share the same last name since we are both married, but PVP does know we are sisters. And, our bookings were linked.

If you don't have a PVP and aren't linked, I would still suggest just call and ask.

I just recently upgraded my cabin. If you are trying to surprise her on embarking day, it might get ruined by an email. Carnival emailed me about the room change after I made it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I just recently upgraded my cabin. If you are trying to surprise her on embarking day, it might get ruined by an email. Carnival emailed me about the room change after I made it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

True be she wouldn't know who made the upgrade. It is worth a try.

We did it for some friends that sailed on the Fascination for their honeymoon. They booked an inside and we surprised them by paying the difference for the oceanview. We just called the PVP. It helped that they had booked through our PVP who has known us for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app