The 24 hour guarantee UDP reservations

towel-animal

Can anyone who has sailed with the Ultimate Dining Package confirm that NCL honors the 24 hour reservation guarantee? Are you guaranteed any time you want?

I have the UDP and I'm finding it hard to plan ahead all the dinner reservations before sailing, but don't want to risk not getting the time I want by waiting.

Any experiences with the 24 hour thing you can share?

Can anyone who has sailed with the Ultimate Dining Package confirm that NCL honors the 24 hour reservation guarantee? Are you guaranteed any time you want?

I have the UDP and I'm finding it hard to plan ahead all the dinner reservations before sailing, but don't want to risk not getting the time I want by waiting.

Any experiences with the 24 hour thing you can share?

Keep in mind that you are guaranteed to receive a reservation each night. You are not guaranteed a specific time and/or a specific restaurant. Each restaurant only has so many seats, so there is no way to guarantee a seat to everyone who wants one. Even with the UDP, you have to choose from what is available....the earlier you make the reservation, the more options you will have.

Sorry, I can't really answer your question.

In the past, it was very easy to get reservations at the specialty restaurants pretty much when you wanted. With the exception of maybe Teppanyaki (sp?)

Since they have introduced the UDP, I'm guessing the venues will be a bit more filled up. At least I would think that is part of the reason Norwegian introduced this concept.

My thoughts would be to get onboard, there is generally a Week long schedule in your first Daily that lists the shows and some highlight activities for the week. Look at it, then head to the reservation area and talk with them about the days and times you want.

I've also always found that the specialty dining reservation area in the Atrium is always the busiest. On the first day they usually have a couple other stations open around the ship and I think there is always a reservation area around the buffet entrance. Generally not busy with lots of people.

Good Luck in your planning!

Edited by djmess
just can't type

We did not have the UDP on Getaway, but had no trouble with reservations, even without a "24 hour guarantee".

We made reservations for 4 in Cagney's the morning of and had no problem. Another day we walked into Moderno's at around 7:30 or 8:00 and were seated immediately.

One tip if you book a res onboard. I called and stated I wanted a res for that night. She stated she could offer me a 9:30. My response was that 9:30 was a little late for us and did she have anything around 7:00. We ended up with a 7:30. So don't be afraid to negotiate. They may try to fill the late slots first. Don't assume it is because they are fully booked earlier.

Edited by punkincc

I am new to NCL. Is the food that much better in the specialty restaurants on NCL. I am assuming like all the other lines I have been on, they are hit and miss. Which ones have been the miss? :rolleyes:

I have not had dinner at the MDR, just lunch (which was very good!) but I did eat at every specialty restaurant for dinner on the epic last year, and I loved all of them, with the only exception being Teppanyaki (didn't not love up to the hype in my opinion). My favorite was Moderno.

Edited by ceejmaster