we just got this email .....

My sentiments exactly! I'm so done with this "wait and see" game RCI is playing. :mad::rolleyes:

I think we all are. :mad:

Yip me too...or should that be me three :eek:

I was just looking at a QN FAQ sheet...and on it was a question about the Royal Promenade...with the reply being yes there would be one but further details will be revealed later....those words "revealed later" are making me grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :o

I am so excited about going on Quantum that I failed to notice on Sunday that in just 8 months ...I am boarding the ship for her transatlantic. The date...2nd of the month failed to make my cruise head go WOWWOOW cruise getting closer. :(

Sounds like a lot of the invitees are turning it down due to having to travel a good distance to attend.

Sorry, but RCCL should have sent invites to those who could easily get to the event.

What good is an invite if you cannot get there without flying...just to say, "Hey we invited you, but you declined!" :confused:

MARAPRINCE

We are Diamond Plus and received our invitation last week. I can walk to the venue from my office. It sounds like it will be a tasting/sampling of sorts. The confirmation email says food will be served as they introduce the new and extraordinary dining experiences onboard Quantum of the Seas.

So I am a D+ and received my invite via email on 3/3. They gave us an RSVP deadline of 3/19. I sent in my RSVP on 3/6. Yesterday (3/11) I get an email stating that:

"Thank you for your interest in Quantum of the Seas and our upcoming reveal

event in New York City.

We have had such an amazing response from all of our members that

unfortunately, we no longer have space available. At this time we are

unable confirm a spot for you at this event. Should additional space open

up, we'll be sure to reach out to you again.

We look forward to sharing our excitement and future Quantum of the Seas

reveals with you over the next several months.

Thank you for your continued support and loyalty."

UGH!!! So as a D+ I have been turned away because they couldn't find a venue to accommodate even the Pinnacle and D+ members. And I live and work right here in the city. This SUCKS!!!

Guess they won't be offering this to Diamond and below. Stupid Royal!

So I am a D+ and received my invite via email on 3/3. They gave us an RSVP deadline of 3/19. I sent in my RSVP on 3/6. Yesterday (3/11) I get an email stating that:

event in New York City.

UGH!!! So as a D+ I have been turned away because they couldn't find a venue to accommodate even the Pinnacle and D+ members. And I live and work right here in the city. This SUCKS!!!

Same exact thing happened to me. Why bother to invite Diamond+ only to be turned away? I am pretty annoyed and feel they didn't handle the whole invitation situation correctly. But OH WELL, not going to ruin my day or prevent me from cruising on RCI. I'm loyal to Royal, wish they were more loyal to me, haha! I wish they would just release these details already. I hope we aren't all disappointed by the reveal....:eek::rolleyes:

Edited by Annefran

event in New York City.

Wow that is not fair...especially when you did your RSVP in plenty if time.

I wonder....did they send the invites to each PC & DP member couple...so then each member could then take along a guest.

Therefore two invites to one couple actually means 4 acceptances and they hadn't counted on that happening ?

Same exact thing happened to me. Why bother to invite Diamond+ only to be turned away? I am pretty annoyed and feel they didn't handle the whole invitation situation correctly. But OH WELL, not going to ruin my day or prevent me from cruising on RCI. I'm loyal to Royal, wish they were more loyal to me, haha! I wish they would just release these details already. I hope we aren't all disappointed by the reveal....:eek::rolleyes:

What a mess. They try to do something simple and inexpensive to make the folks in the tippity top tiers of their loyalty program feel special, and they still manage to screw it up.

I can't help but laugh LOL. What is going on over at RC in 2014?

What a mess. They try to do something simple and inexpensive to make the folks in the tippity top tiers of their loyalty program feel special, and they still manage to screw it up.

I can't help but laugh LOL. What is going on over at RC in 2014?

Dave I've been wondering the same thing. What's the big secret with not putting out the Summer schedule, what's up with not revealing more about the ship etc??? Just makes you wonder if they are having issues, we shall hopefully get answers to all our questions on March 26.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wow that is not fair...especially when you did your RSVP in plenty if time.

I wonder....did they send the invites to each PC & DP member couple...so then each member could then take along a guest.

Therefore two invites to one couple actually means 4 acceptances and they hadn't counted on that happening ?

The venue where the event is being held is not a huge space. If they had enough of the Pinnacle members who accepted, they would not have invited any other levels. So it seems it was never meant to be a large scale introduction to the ship.

In the meantime, they are getting killed by all the commercials that NCL is running as well as Carnival in the NY area! And their competition is not even bringing out a new ship in the NY area! Sounds like their advertising agency needs to be replaced.

MARAPRINCE

Dave I've been wondering the same thing. What's the big secret with not putting out the Summer schedule, what's up with not revealing more about the ship etc??? Just makes you wonder if they are having issues, we shall hopefully get answers to all our questions on March 26.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

And, not sure how closely you've been following the boards today, but the Anthem Caribbean itineraries that RC announced in an official press release would come out today have been postponed indefinitely... perhaps you got the awkward "sorry we got too excited!" e-mail LOL.

I mean seriously...

In the meantime, they are getting killed by all the commercials that NCL is running as well as Carnival in the NY area! And their competition is not even bringing out a new ship in the NY area! Sounds like their advertising agency needs to be replaced.

MARAPRINCE

I'd venture a guess that most TV watching New Yorkers have no clue what a Quantum of the Seas is...

On the other hand, they've clearly heard more than they care to about Cruising Like a Norwegian.

The venue where the event is being held is not a huge space. If they had enough of the Pinnacle members who accepted, they would not have invited any other levels. So it seems it was never meant to be a large scale introduction to the ship.

MARAPRINCE

I think Royal Caribbean needs to replace more than their advertising agency :eek:

If RCCL was a new company then yes you could expect mistakes etc but geez you would think by now Royal would know how to do things.

I'm just not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about all this with the Quantum and Anthem itineraries. Something is just "off" to me...I hate when I get these gut feelings. I'm usually right, yuck. Anyway, March 26th better answer everyone's questions or there are gonig to be a lot of people jumping ship so to speak. I know I will cancel my Dec 2014 Quantum reservation because I don't like the Florida/Bahamas itinerary and plus not really thrilled about going in Dec afterall. I'll just switch to a different ship. Keeping fingers crossed this reveal will be a positive one. :D

Edited by Annefran

I'm just not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about all this with the Quantum and Anthem itineraries. Something is just "off" to me...I hate when I get these gut feelings. I'm usually right, yuck.

I feel the same way, unfortunately. The way they've jerked everyone around with the Quantum Class is such a buzzkill. IMHO it's stunning how they've mishandled this reveal, especially after the brilliant job they did rolling out the Oasis Class.

I'm just not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about all this with the Quantum and Anthem itineraries. Something is just "off" to me...I hate when I get these gut feelings. I'm usually right, yuck. Anyway, March 26th better answer everyone's questions or there are gonig to be a lot of people jumping ship so to speak. I know I will cancel my Dec 2014 Quantum reservation because I don't like the Florida/Bahamas itinerary and plus not really thrilled about going in Dec afterall. I'll just switch to a different ship. Keeping fingers crossed this reveal will be a positive one. :D

So relieved to read I am not the only one who is having this "off" feeling with regards to Quantum & Anthem.

I don't think this reveal on the 26th will answer all our questions...it is a food related reveal....so I guess that means there will be further reveals at some point in the next 7 months.

Sorry to read you are not able to go to the reveal :(

Greetings,

My friends in event management tell me that when an invitation says "space is limited" that means to RSVP instantly. An event like this is so hot it was bound to fill up very quickly and those who responded first got put on the list. They also said that one of the reasons why RCL may have selected a smaller venue was because it is centrally located in NYC, within walking distance from a major transportation hub and has a public parking lot next door. I guess RCI chose convenience over size of venue.

Greetings,

My friends in event management tell me that when an invitation says "space is limited" that means to RSVP instantly. An event like this is so hot it was bound to fill up very quickly and those who responded first got put on the list. They also said that one of the reasons why RCL may have selected a smaller venue was because it is centrally located in NYC, within walking distance from a major transportation hub and has a public parking lot next door. I guess RCI chose convenience over size of venue.

I don't 100% agree with you on this. It's located West of 10th Avenue. There is ZERO transportation hubs near there. Closest one is Penn Station which is 33rd and 7th (in NYC, 3 crosstown blocks is considered not close).

I spoke with the Director of the event this morning, as I was quite disappointed. Apparently the event space can only accommodate 250 people including their staff. That's CRAZY! I think there were more people in the Diamond Lounge on the Independence last December!

She acknowledged that they didn't anticipate such high interest, especially when non-locals RSVP'd YES and are planning to travel for the event.

She did say they were going to be doing other Quantum events later in the year, and I expressed that I felt I was being more Loyal to Royal than Royal was to me.

It is what it is I guess. Boo!

Hello Director97,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Director of the event. I can't for the life of me think why they did not anticipate such high interest. As you say, "it is what it is."

I guess what is considered "close" in NYC is relative. I walk 4 cross town blocks from the subway to/from my office and I consider the subway very close to my office.

Anyway, here's wishing you happy cruising for you and yours.

Hello Director97,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Director of the event. I can't for the life of me think why they did not anticipate such high interest. As you say, "it is what it is."

I guess what is considered "close" in NYC is relative. I walk 4 cross town blocks from the subway to/from my office and I consider the subway very close to my office.

Anyway, here's wishing you happy cruising for you and yours.

My guess on the event location is they wanted to split the baby so to speak, pick a space where people who are driving into town could park, yet not be too unreasonably far from public transportation. As we all know as NYers, not easy to park in Midtown unless you want to spend a fortune.

Edited by Dave85

I feel the same way, unfortunately. The way they've jerked everyone around with the Quantum Class is such a buzzkill. IMHO it's stunning how they've mishandled this reveal, especially after the brilliant job they did rolling out the Oasis Class.

You are so right Dave. I don't remember this much secrecy (sp) and drama when the Oasis class came out. LOL

So relieved to read I am not the only one who is having this "off" feeling with regards to Quantum & Anthem.

I don't think this reveal on the 26th will answer all our questions...it is a food related reveal....so I guess that means there will be further reveals at some point in the next 7 months.

Sorry to read you are not able to go to the reveal :(

Elizanessie, My friends all laugh at me when I get one of my "feelings". Thanks for your kind thoughts.

My guess on the event location is they wanted to split the baby so to speak, pick a space where people who are driving into town could park, yet not be too unreasonably far from public transportation. As we all know as NYers, not easy to park in Midtown unless you want to spend a fortune.

I was just going to take a NJ transit train into NYC and walk from Penn Station. I google mapped it and only looked like a 15 minute walk. NO big deal really. As far as the dining reveal, it would have been nice to see what they are going to offer. But I'm NOT a foodie at all. I eat to live, not live to eat. LOL

Edited by Annefran

Makes sense to me. Thanks.

Greetings,

There is a huge venue almost across the street from this one. The Javitz Center on 34th St & 12th Ave. Maybe they should have gotten that. There probably will be many unanswered questions.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk