RCCL balance online is much higher than my invoice

So I just wanted to let this board know that my issue was FINALLY resolved. I received an email around 6:00 pm this evening as promised containing a copy of our Guest Invoice. The price was adjusted down as promised. Only one problem. It was still $25 more than it was originally! Ordinarily, I would not have fretted over such a small difference, but having just spent two and a half hours on the line with them last night, this has become a real sticking point with me.

I took clarea's advise and called them using the C & A number, not the regular reservations number I used last night. I am very happy to report, that my call was picked up in three minutes, and though I had to spend another 27 minutes on the line with them, in the end I got the final adjustment made, and I am once again a happy camper. :)

I will tell you, any excursions I need to make or other reservations or packages we need, I will NOT do it over the website, but rather will call the C & A line. I'm a little leery of doing online check it too, but will likely risk that as does make the boarding process that much easier.

Good luck to anyone else who faces this challenge. Hopefully RCI works out their technology issues real soon!

CruizinTigers - glad you got that corrected. I called Sunday night, spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone (my total is $2K higher as the kids sail free discount is missing). They told me to give it a week. I keep hearing about people getting these issues resolved on the same phone call, though. Makes me wonder why mine is taking so long. Janet

Janet, makes no sense that they told you to wait a week. My issue might have been resolved in my first call but by the time they figured the dept that was required to fix it, that dept was closed for the night. Maybe you should call the C & A line. I made it through in 3 minutes.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On hold right now for the Resolutions Department. My price for final payment is WAY higher than it should be.....and I have my original invoice to prove it. They somehow lost my OBC too. Geez.....

I will let you all know how this turns out.....

Yeah, I know I use that multiple period thing a lot when I'm frustrated........there I go again!:rolleyes:

Quoting myself...weird! Everything is now okay. Got it resolved properly and I'm happy!

Is this issue a problem only with online booking through RC, or also when you book with a TA?

Where do you see your balance and/or OBC?

You cannot see your balance or OBC on Royal's website when you book with a TA. Maybe that aspect alone (booking with a TA) circumvents the website bug that is affecting so many?

Janet, makes no sense that they told you to wait a week. My issue might have been resolved in my first call but by the time they figured the dept that was required to fix it, that dept was closed for the night. Maybe you should call the C & A line. I made it through in 3 minutes.

Good luck!

Thanks Cruizin. I'm on hold now during lunch break. I'm hoping I can get this fixed today. It is encouraging to hear so many other cases have been corrected. Janet

Good news. Spent my lunch hour on the phone, but looks like I got the balance due issue resolved. Talked to a really nice agent named Yolanda and she connected with the resolution dept. who corrected the booking back to the original price. I have a new reservation # now, but otherwise everything is the same. Janet

• 1 month later...
Great news. Happy to hear it worked out.

Just an FYI,

Looks like this is still a problem on their website. I linked reservations today and the kids sail free price disappeared. The invoice is 2K higher now. I'm tired of waiting on hold, so I may have to clear this up after I take the kids to baseball tonite.

I sure didn't want to deal with this today.

When I look at my online account, it tells me that every cruise I have is priced the same. If I refresh it or come back later, the price changes. For ex before all my cruises said '$100 total price'.

Also one of my Anthem cruises is coming up as 'Enchantment' out of 'Port Canaveral'. But the actual invoices they sent me are correct.

I've given up worrying I hope I get on the right ship.

Is this issue a problem only with online booking through RC, or also when you book with a TA?

Where do you see your balance and/or OBC?

I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but I recently booked a trip with a TA. When I got the emailed invoice the next day, the total cruise price was $400 higher than it was supposed to be - however, the sum of the deposit made and balance due was correct. . .

Anyway, called the TA and they quickly resolved it - they said that when the booking went to RCCL, RCCL dropped a discount. Got a new, correct invoice.

Other than the initial invoice, I won't see another invoice from the TA (and cannot view the cruise total online) so would have no idea if my price did something funny before the cruise! Never had a problem getting on a ship, though!

I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but I recently booked a trip with a TA. When I got the emailed invoice the next day, the total cruise price was $400 higher than it was supposed to be - however, the sum of the deposit made and balance due was correct. . .

Anyway, called the TA and they quickly resolved it - they said that when the booking went to RCCL, RCCL dropped a discount. Got a new, correct invoice.

Other than the initial invoice, I won't see another invoice from the TA (and cannot view the cruise total online) so would have no idea if my price did something funny before the cruise! Never had a problem getting on a ship, though!

Our TA always emails the Royal copy of the invoice right after final payment, showing paid in full. Sort of a last check that everything is OK with the numbers.

Sad to hear that this issue continues. I personally will not make any changes to our reservation online at this point. I don't need the hassle of trying to resolve this matter again and again. While this too is a hassle, any changes at this point will be made by phone to RCI. We are considering a drink package. If we choose to do so, I will call them to add.

Hope everyone else gets their reservations straightened out, and more importantly, has a GREAT cruise!