Cabin advice for The Dream

chaucer642

I'm planning on booking a 4 day June cruise to the Bahamas for myself and my family, three adults and two children in total. We'll be on the Dream. I know some cabins are better positioned than others. I would love some feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Well to go on the Dream you need to do a category 8 (oceanview) or cat 4 (verandah) to fit 5, or a concierge room of course! Sometimes it could be more cost effective to book 2 inside rooms but not always.

The bathroom is split - I would not call it 2 bathrooms. There is a room with a sink and a toilet, and another with the tub/shower and a sink.

If you know that you don't/won't spend a ton of time in your room sharing the room won't be a big deal.

If you book forward and as high a floor as you can afford, you will be near the fitness center. Any of the adults could shower there to help with getting ready etc.

If you are not worried about being near the fitness center to get ready, my family likes to be aft. In the morning before the kids get up I can do a quick run up to Cabanas to get a few things to bring back down to munch on while they sleep - or while we get ready to go to breakfast.

Edited by Help@

There are NOT 2 bathrooms. There is a split bath. One side has sink and toilet, other side has tub and sink.

For 3 adults and 2 children, I'd either go high end (concierge suite) if budget is unlimited OR I'd do 2 rooms next to each other (connecting or adjoining would work in your case). I wouldn't hesitate to do inside rooms to save money if that is part of the issue. The difference between one room that sleeps 5 and 2 rooms that sleep 3-4 each is almost twice the space, twice the bathrooms, twice the TVs, twice the closets, etc. 3 adults + 2 kids in one room will be cramped...even for me. An alternative is a verandah cabin for 2 of you and an across the hall inside for the other 3. Still more space and some cost savings.

Position is a matter of personal preference. In 30 cruises, I've found something good about each and every location.....

Thank you all for your advice. After exploring the concierge and then suite, I asked about adjoining rooms. Two verandah rooms costs $1,000 more. The suite almost $3,000 more and the concierge around the same price as the adjoining rooms. I'm very happy.

These are the room numbers I have. 7126 and 7128. I'm hoping these are in fine locations. I can still change them. Please let me know if I should.

If you can afford it, do two cabins that connect. We normally travel with 4 adults and 2 children and the cabins can get a bit crowded and messy! I find the Family Verandah cabins with 299 sq. feet work best. I have found that Deck 9 has the best views! The bathrooms are split, with one holding the shower and a sink and the other holding the toilet and the sink. Whatever you decide, enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you all for your advice. After exploring the concierge and then suite, I asked about adjoining rooms. Two verandah rooms costs $1,000 more. The suite almost $3,000 more and the concierge around the same price as the adjoining rooms. I'm very happy.

These are the room numbers I have. 7126 and 7128. I'm hoping these are in fine locations. I can still change them. Please let me know if I should.

Be sure you are asking for what you want: adjoining (next door to each other) or connecting (with an interior door that opens between the rooms).

Edited by Shmoo here