Are FL resident rates on Dream probable this summer? Haven't sailed DCL in long time

uncletr21

I wondered how likely FL resident rates are for summer, if any of the experts here had a guess? I know the summer is busy season and the Dream does a lot of combo land/sea vacations. I haven't sailed since before the big ships arrived.

They will let you apply a FL resident rate on existing reservation even after final pay, right? So there's no reason not to book ahead? Do most FL resident rates pop up sort of last minute, or at least after final payment due?

Any chance the extra large ships sticking around this summer will increase supply such that FL resident rates might be more likely?

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2014-02-28/travel/fl-florida-cruise-spring-summer-2014-20140228_1_portmiami-ships-disney-cruise-line

Thanks for any info!

The Dream and Fantasy have a contract requiring them to be cruising out of Port Canaveral...so they will be around.

Yes, you can apply FL res rates even after the penalty date.

Really, summer is prime season and the Magic will be in Europe. The Wonder will be in Alaska. I think the chances of seeing discounts of any sort are small. Summers just are not normally discount times, but with only 2 ships doing the Bahamas/Caribbean....not likely IMHO.

Yes, you can apply a Florida resident rate discount after final payment due date with no penalties...at least for now. (DCL can change that line of thinking at any given time!)

The discounts usually start again in mid-to-late August, pretty much in line with when the school districts in the state are back in session. If you can swing a late August cruise, that might be your best chance at snagging a FL resident rate.

Wow! I just went back and looked and based on last years FL resident offers, you may not even have to wait until the end of August. The first wave of offers included the 8/1/13, 8/8/13, 8/11/13, and 8/15/13 sailings on the Dream! And offers were released throughout the month of August including additional sailings. :)

Thanks everyone, I was more looking at May and June. I guess they might be out now were they going to offer them?

I put a hold on cruise and notice it gives final payment date as 75 days before the cruise. Is this also when you are in penalty period for making changes/canceling? I thought it might be 45 days out on a 3 night but I could be confused.

Can you still transfer to a TA for some OBC? Does it need to be within X days of making online reservation or just as long as before final payment?

Thanks everyone, I was more looking at May and June. I guess they might be out now were they going to offer them?

I put a hold on cruise and notice it gives final payment date as 75 days before the cruise. Is this also when you are in penalty period for making changes/canceling? I thought it might be 45 days out on a 3 night but I could be confused.

Can you still transfer to a TA for some OBC? Does it need to be within X days of making online reservation or just as long as before final payment?

I think you may be hard pushed for May and June as these are very busy times. We have been lucky enough to pick up a few Fl resident discount but they were very early or later in the year.

I think August was the earliest I have seen but I won't go then as some kids are still out of school. We never ever sail on any line when the schools here and UK are on vacation.;)

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

If you book after the penalty date, you must pay in full at the time of booking. You cannot transfer to a TA after final payment BUT you can make the booking thru a TA and get whatever "thanks for booking" perks they give.

The penalty date is 74 days before cruising--not sure where you got the 45 day idea.

• 4 weeks later...
I wondered how likely FL resident rates are for summer, if any of the experts here had a guess? I know the summer is busy season and the Dream does a lot of combo land/sea vacations. I haven't sailed since before the big ships arrived.

They will let you apply a FL resident rate on existing reservation even after final pay, right? So there's no reason not to book ahead? Do most FL resident rates pop up sort of last minute, or at least after final payment due?

Any chance the extra large ships sticking around this summer will increase supply such that FL resident rates might be more likely?

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2014-02-28/travel/fl-florida-cruise-spring-summer-2014-20140228_1_portmiami-ships-disney-cruise-line

Thanks for any info!

Last year we went on the Disney Dream on the August 15th sailing. This was our first disney cruise. I booked the cruise 6 months in advance. I choose and IGT (inside guarantee room) As i've heard there was a possible chance of upgrade. So i thought it was a win win. I was told closer to the sailing date if there is a FL resident rate they would honor it. I was stalking the website daily near our cruise time and lucky, two weeks before our cruise I caught the sale before DCL Even advertised it on their “specials” I immediately called DCL and advised them of sale and the upgraded us the a Deluxe Verandah Stateroom and returned us back $300 which I choose to leave as an OBC. We booked on board for the August 14 sailing this year and I’m so hoping for a sale again. So, YES it can happen!:D

Last year we went on the Disney Dream on the August 15th sailing. This was our first disney cruise. I booked the cruise 6 months in advance. I choose and IGT (inside guarantee room) As i've heard there was a possible chance of upgrade. So i thought it was a win win. I was told closer to the sailing date if there is a FL resident rate they would honor it. I was stalking the website daily near our cruise time and lucky, two weeks before our cruise I caught the sale before DCL Even advertised it on their “specials” I immediately called DCL and advised them of sale and the upgraded us the a Deluxe Verandah Stateroom and returned us back $300 which I choose to leave as an OBC. We booked on board for the August 14 sailing this year and I’m so hoping for a sale again. So, YES it can happen!:D

You were allowed to change an IGT rate to a FL res rate? For real? It wasn't a GTY, it was IGT? Just questioning because I thought the IGT/OGT/VGT was a "done deal" on the day you booked it and couldn't be changed.

You were allowed to change an IGT rate to a FL res rate? For real? It wasn't a GTY' date=' it was IGT? Just questioning because I thought the IGT/OGT/VGT was a "done deal" on the day you booked it and couldn't be changed.[/quote']

My mistake! it was a GTY not an IGT. I just doubled checked my reservation.:confused:

That makes a lot more sense--yes' date=' a GTY can definitely be changed to a FL res rate...at least as of today. The rules might change tomorrow.[/quote']

I hear you! hopefully it doesn't, it's bad enough the prices went up $3 more on the nursery and many other activities :eek:

We also sailed the Dream in August 2013. We reserved a family verandah room and paid in full in May. We used a travel agent for obc. Three weeks before our cruise a Fl resident discount was released. We had to downgrade to a regular verandah room but we were refunded $2200 dollars. Totally worth it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums