Propet shoes?

blythe

Do any of you have experience with the Propet brand footwear? I'm not aware of any stores in my area that carry this brand but I would like to try a pair. I never order shoes online or via catalogs but have seen a couple styles in a catalog that I like.

I've had 2 prs Propet over the past 5 years and they were comfortable on my foot and held up reasonably well. Not the best I've had, but not the worst for the money either. I had one pair of active/hiking sandals and one pair more oxford/athletic combo lace-up. Wide toe box (which I like) but the heel wasn't huge. That fits my foot, and the arch was in the correct spot for me as well.

Thanks, hoyaheel. I may just go ahead and order a pair from catalog. Finding shoes that fit me well and are comfortable is a challenge and I've never had the nerve to order online or via catalog but I really like the styling of the Propet. I guess it's worth a shot!

zappos.com or shoebuy.com both offer free shipping BOTH directions. So you can order and return for no cost. I've ordered A LOT of shoes and returned them. I find most propet shoes to run a little big. I have three or four pairs of them (and have returned more than that). Good luck!

Robin

I bought a pair of proper travel lite shoes last summer for our Med. Cruise, and I have a pair of walking sandals. Both very comfortable and good for walking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have the Propet Robin shoes in maise from Foot Smart. the fit is fine and I like traveling in them. I wear socks and can take them off easily at security. I've never seen them in stores.

I have two pairs of Propet Travel Walkers and love them!!! I buy at least a half a size larger so when I'm going to be on my feet all day I have that little bit of extra space for my toes. My foot is fairly narrow and these shoes have elastic lace toggles that allow them to custom fit my foot.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0zujVc6EpFNr_R63zy1h7zuL1Ny7K4DqxVe_VLgFv_0BOBi6V

I think they're cute and they come in a LOT of colors. I have navy and black, but will probably get a bright pair soon.:)

zappos.com or shoebuy.com both offer free shipping BOTH directions.

It's never really "free" - though the selection is amazing at both sites, the prices aren't the lowest around. If you're trying to find something that fits, it can be great to order a bunch of options. But if you're looking for the best price for a brand or style you know will fit, you can often find prices cheaper elsewhere, where you do have to pay $6 for shipping or such....

It's never really "free" - though the selection is amazing at both sites, the prices aren't the lowest around. If you're trying to find something that fits, it can be great to order a bunch of options. But if you're looking for the best price for a brand or style you know will fit, you can often find prices cheaper elsewhere, where you do have to pay $6 for shipping or such....

You're right, you do pay a little more at Zappos! OTOH, I have gotten stung by a few of the other online shoe places that not only charge return shipping, but also a restocking fee. Zappos doesn't do either. They will even send you the next size before they receive the return so that you don't have to wait too long. Obviously, they have your credit card info, but it is very user friendly.

For those of us with "odd" size feet, online is a life saver. :) As with everything, Be sure to read the fine print on any site you shop!

I've definitely used Zappos, but I just cringe when I hear people telling others to use it (or any) website because (and ONLY because) of the "free" shipping. If the extra money you spend is worth it because of the customer service or the wide selection of sizes & brands, that's great. But these days, there are usually lots of options out there.

Always read the fine print. Always shop around. Those of us who live in the boonies wouldn't get very much variety in clothing or shoes without online shopping :D

Edited by Hoyaheel

I have two pairs of Propet Travel Walkers and love them!!! I buy at least a half a size larger so when I'm going to be on my feet all day I have that little bit of extra space for my toes. My foot is fairly narrow and these shoes have elastic lace toggles that allow them to custom fit my foot.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0zujVc6EpFNr_R63zy1h7zuL1Ny7K4DqxVe_VLgFv_0BOBi6V

I think they're cute and they come in a LOT of colors. I have navy and black, but will probably get a bright pair soon.:)

I have a pair of these in white. Very lightweight and comfortable to wear. I agree a half size larger is good, because they do run a smidge snug. I wear these for exercising and walking in cooler climates when I'm traveling. They only weight a total of 1 lb!

I've definitely used Zappos, but I just cringe when I hear people telling others to use it (or any) website because (and ONLY because) of the "free" shipping. If the extra money you spend is worth it because of the customer service or the wide selection of sizes & brands, that's great. But these days, there are usually lots of options out there.

Always read the fine print. Always shop around. Those of us who live in the boonies wouldn't get very much variety in clothing or shoes without online shopping :D

My problem is I have had bunion removal surgery and have what I like to call 'special needs feet'. I need an 11 WW. No stores carry those sizes. Both of those sites are great if you don't know if a shoe will fit or be comfortable enough to wear or not. Order 'em, try 'em on, send 'em back. No cost. I am glad to pay a little more when I do buy knowing I can do as many returns as I like when I don't buy.

I have been burned buying and returning shoes from other online sites. I am very careful. I recommend those sites because I know they are reputable and don't charge extra fees.

Robin