List of watches sold on board?

RCH1234

Does anyone know if Carnival has a list of the watches they sell onboard (and prices)? I'm looking to buy a Tag Heuer watch on my cruise this week coming but would like to do a little research and see what my options are before I board.

They do sell Tag Heuer, but I don't think they have a list of the specific models they carry. It probably changes all the time. You will just have to wait until you are onboard to find out.

Edited by cherbear4000

They do have Tags onboard, also other brands are Movado, Citizen, Michael Kors, Invicta, Tonino Lamborghini, Bulova. They claim prices are 50-70% off retail. I would suggest just knowing which exact watch you are interested in and the price you can get it for. I have a catalog from the fun shops but there are no Tags in the catalog (the price would make your jaw drop lol). If you are interested in any of the other brands I can let you know if there is a price for that.

Also depending on what port you are going to you may be able to find better deals on the islands. Go to the shopping talk and talk to the shopping expert and get a vip card for the stores that sell what you want. They can get you the best price then. I was interested in a specific Seiko and found it in Nassau for $50 cheaper than I could get in my state. (big savings when you are talking under $200 watch)

Best thing to do is identify and research prices for what you might be interested in BEFORE you board the ship.

Couple of cruises ago I saw a Citizen watch that I really liked; being the cynical sort I bet I could find a better price ashore after the cruise.

Turns out the Carnival price was good, but not the best available. After getting home I easily found an online source for the watch that was slightly less than Carnival's price, and actually ended up buying it from Macy's during a sale for even less (incl sales tax).

That is so true. You can find good prices online, so just do your research before you cruise and know what you are willing to pay. I just happened to find the exact model I was shopping for in port and it was cheaper.

I purchaase a watch on almost every cruise i go on. I have found cruise ship prices to be better than US or catalog prices, but by far the best deals are in St Thomas USVI. The port talks (in my opinion) are typically sales pitches for vendors they support. I spend most of my time buying and selling equipment so i have made the watch purchase a "side fun" few hours on each cruise. I have never found a better price than St Thomas.

My best luck has been with imperial Jewelers in port. I typically get the best price i can find (by nicely (sometimes not nicely) getting turned away at every other store) and every time Imperial has beaten all of the prices, by usually a fair amount. Nobody has ever gotten close to their prices.

You MUST know what you are buying though for getting angood deal to work. But heck if you buy a watch you like and even get it for the same as in the US, you save the tax, duty and have a great watch to wear for the rest ofnthe cruise!

Piece of advice- if you play the shopping challange game it ends up really costing you more than just going to the local US store, because you have to usually buy something for DW at the same time.

Tag Heuer is the highest end watch they sell, I was on the Magic in November 2013 and they have several that are discontinued models and they also don't carry the full product line. Mostly Formula 1, some Carrera's and Aquaracers.

Like others said, your best bet is to find a few that you like and understand the prices. The watches on board are good deals, not the greatest, but they are good.

I bought a Citizen on our last cruise and got a decent price. It's a great watch and I'm very happy I purchased it.

The DH buys the DS and me a watch every time we cruise.:D I don't always opt for one but I do have a Michael Kors and Guess one. The DS has several Guess ones. They do have good deals on board ship. Just remember that you have to include what you buy on your customs card...because Carnival let's them know that you purchased jewelry.

Edited by mousey

Just remember that you have to include what you buy on your customs card...because Carnival let's them know that you purchased jewelry.

x2 - pay attention here. Customs will have a list of large ticket items purchased in the shops, and by whom. It's supplied by the cruise ship. They will target you to make sure you declare your purchase. Just keep it all on the up and up if you purchase on the ship.

I've bought several watches on cruises, one of those being a Tag Formula 1. They were priced less than US, selection was good And I've had it refurbished recently. That purchase was in 2006, and their prices have not been a bargain since. Citizens are the same as local discounts, but you save on the sales tax.

My thoughts are if you like one or two styles then do some research prior, print your prices off and take them with you. I did, and got a better price.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

While I can't make a blanket statement about all watch prices on board, I can say that I sold watches in an upscale department store and know prices for Michael kohrs by heart! The watches I saw on my jan cruise were only 25% off retail. During holidays and special sale days, I could match those prices and even beat them on certain discontinued and special buy models. I know online merchants who could sell them cheaper too. They also were selling Anne Klein watches at the same price we sold everyday, without a sale.

So....looking for a really mega deal?? Do your homework, check reputable online or department stores, also worthwhile to check out real outlet stores like fossil. Jewelry store clearance sections, especially holiday.

If you really fall in love with a watch on board and gotta have, go for it! You may not be getting the deal of a lifetime, but might be comparable to retail discount sale price is US.

While I can't make a blanket statement about all watch prices on board, I can say that I sold watches in an upscale department store and know prices for Michael kohrs by heart! The watches I saw on my jan cruise were only 25% off retail. During holidays and special sale days, I could match those prices and even beat them on certain discontinued and special buy models. I know online merchants who could sell them cheaper too. They also were selling Anne Klein watches at the same price we sold everyday, without a sale.

So....looking for a really mega deal?? Do your homework, check reputable online or department stores, also worthwhile to check out real outlet stores like fossil. Jewelry store clearance sections, especially holiday.

If you really fall in love with a watch on board and gotta have, go for it! You may not be getting the deal of a lifetime, but might be comparable to retail discount sale price is US.

Thanks for the info...but every time I look at my watch on my wrist...I think of the cruise I was on and how much fun I had and how sweet my DH was to buy it for me. Awww! :D When I look at the Michael Kors watch I got on sale at TJ Maxx, at what I'm sure was a better discount than he got on the ship...nothing...other than I love watches! Not the same (might have something to do with the fact that I bought it myself). LOL!:D

Edited by mousey

Thanks for the info...but every time I look at my watch on my wrist...I think of the cruise I was on and how much fun I had and how sweet my DH was to buy it for me.

I don't wear a watch that often, but I bought a very nice Fossil watch on our last cruise. Did I get a great deal? No. But I really like the watch and I do think of our cruise every time I wear it :)

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

Thanks for the info...but every time I look at my watch on my wrist...I think of the cruise I was on and how much fun I had and how sweet my DH was to buy it for me. Awww! :D When I look at the Michael Kors watch I got on sale at TJ Maxx, at what I'm sure was a better discount than he got on the ship...nothing...other than I love watches! Not the same (might have something to do with the fact that I bought it myself). LOL!:D

Exactly! Watches are usually more about emotion than function, especially the more expensive the watch. That is why I have always enjoyed making an extra special purchase on vacations, and a nice watch is a great memory.

I will say, tho, I wished I hadn't passed up on that 65% off Michelle watch at TJMaxx two years ago:eek: