Caribbean Princess - balcony questions

D4

I have questions on the Caribbean Princess balconies. (I tried a search, but it isn't working.)

I'm considering some balconies in categories BB (aft-facing), BC, and BD. (Those are the categories still available for when I want to go.)

The brochure says cabins in BA-BG randge from 233-285 square feet.

1) Is there any way to know which cabins are the larger ones?

2) The aft-facing BB cabins look interesting. Any positive or negative thoughts on them?

3) Any other balcony-choosing tips that would help?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

The difference in the square footage should mainly be the balcony size, not the cabin itself. Princess includes the balcony when they state the sq footage of the cabin, they are both added together. Sorry, can't help you with which have the largest balcony as we have sailed the CB but in a mini suite. Hopefully someone else will jump in here.

Thanks for your reply. I should have worded my question a little better. I'm wondering which cabins have the largest total square footage (cabin and balcony) of categories BB, BC, and BD.

The BB Aft Balconies (Baja Deck) are awesome and bigger than ones on the side. Try to get one on the corner they are the largest. We had B748. You get two loungers, 2 straight chairs, a table and three small cocktail tables. There are some across the back on the same deck that have a large beam. The one beside B748 does so I would stay away from that one. I'm not sure which other ones does. Also you are at the end of the hall so it is really quiet, and you only have one balcony neighbor, and you are high up from the engine. I did not feel any vibration or hear any excessive noise. We spent a lot of time out there reading, napping and watching the beautiful blue ocean waters of the Caribbean. It also was good for storing snorkle equipment and drying suits and towels. :D

P.S. My husband told me not to tell anyone about these cabins But since we are building a new house and won't be cruising until 2009 :eek: I don't think you will be taking the one I want.

Another vote for the BB aft. We had C752 and C753, both are in the corners, LOVED it. The largest total square footage, cabin and balcony will be the BB aft. I believe they are appx. 270 square feet. If you decide on choosing a BB aft and if you think the beam will be a bother, do not choose B750, B751, B752 and B753, those are the cabins with the beam on the balcony.

We had D734 and it was great. Completely private and huge. You could see the wake of the ship. Due to medical problems on our voyage, we were going full speed most of the time and the wake was beautiful. I did notice that this ship had more up and down vibrations then the grand, but that could be because we were going full speed almost the whole time. We would get this cabin again for sure. I did read that there were some on the Baja deck that had something in the way- you might want to do a sourch for the thread.

Thanks for the very useful information.

The only BB aft balcony available on the sailing I'm looking at is on the Emerald Deck and it's not in the corner. (The Caribe deck sounds great, but it is sold out.)

Do you think all BB balconies are larger than those for BC and BD?

We had D734 and it was great. Completely private and huge. You could see the wake of the ship. Due to medical problems on our voyage, we were going full speed most of the time and the wake was beautiful. I did notice that this ship had more up and down vibrations then the grand, but that could be because we were going full speed almost the whole time. We would get this cabin again for sure. I did read that there were some on the Baja deck that had something in the way- you might want to do a sourch for the thread.

cruisegirl, I think that this is the cabin we just got. Do you have any pictures I could see?

Carol

D4,

Here is the info I got directly from Princess about a year ago.

The two aft BB cabins on the Emerald are 277 sq. feet.

The BB cabins on the Caribe deck on the sides are 271 sq ft.

I didn't ask about the ones on the Riviera deck.

The difference in size is due to balconies.

I have more aft sq. footage, but I think you said that all that was left was Emerald aft. If not, let me know, I'll post the rest.

Terri

The cabins in category BB on the Caribe deck are the big ones. 271 sf. in comparsion to 231 sf. Aft cabins are great if you can get them c753 and c754 are the best. I think thats the numbers the are in the back corner.

Hope this helps. I am going 9-3 and got caribe 731. I could not get the back ones.

The cabins in category BB on the Caribe deck are the big ones. 271 sf. in comparsion to 231 sf. Aft cabins are great if you can get them c753 and c754 are the best. I think thats the numbers the are in the back corner.

Hope this helps. I am going 9-3 and got caribe 731. I could not get the back ones.

There is a pretty active roll call for the 9/3 sailing if you are interested....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=166752

Archived