Need help re: room selection

OPSnorkeler

Yes - we're booked in an aft OS on the Pacific Princess. We know we'd live it but I am really concerned I can't make Sept-Nov work out work-wise.

Knowing we can't afford a comparable suite on PG what PG cabin category is the minimum we should consider to be in the "everything balances out so go for PG since the time of year is better..." mode?

Thanks!

The 4th deck with a window is the most loved deck by repeaters.

I do like the convenience of deck 8 with slightly larger cabins and the proximity to the pool , la palette and Le Grill.

I have never been on Princess but have had one of the large suites on Azamara which was also an R ship, though we didn't have a wrap around balcony. In comparison the PG suites are diminutive. However with a ship this size the whole ship is your balcony.

We have been on every deck from 4-8 and found while each have their charms (Emdee is correct) we go back to deck 4 almost each and every time.

The ship is small so you are near everything without any problem.

Outside your room, you are treated the same as everyone else. We found service on deck 4 to be the same as the other decks.

The only cabin to avoid is on deck 4 and that one has drain sounds from the pool at 4 am and 4 pm. We had to move since it bothered us. Although some are not bothered. It can not be fixed.

Go & enjoy your cruise.

We have been on every deck from 4-8 and found while each have their charms (Emdee is correct) we go back to deck 4 almost each and every time.

The ship is small so you are near everything without any problem.

Outside your room, you are treated the same as everyone else. We found service on deck 4 to be the same as the other decks.

The only cabin to avoid is on deck 4 and that one has drain sounds from the pool at 4 am and 4 pm. We had to move since it bothered us. Although some are not bothered. It can not be fixed.

Go & enjoy your cruise.

Which cabin on deck 4??

While the owners suite experience on the Tahitian Princess was fantastic. The service and people did not compare to the PG. I love deck 3 by the way the best on the PG. Food better on the PG also by a wide margin except for the fantastic soufflés for dessert on Princess.

Don't forget also all tips and booze and bottled water are included on the PG. Take a Princess trip elsewhere and book the suite. In French Polynesia take the PG.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have been on deck 3 and 4. We love deck 4 because I like being greeted in the morning from the crew working at the first desk every morning. You also could see the temp. chart to see how the weather was for the day. I like the big windows in the rooms too. When we go back in 2015 it will be on deck 4.

• 1 month later...

Dunner mentioned that the AC vent in stateroom #765 is directly over the bed and blows down on your heads. Is this typical in all of the staterooms or its it particular to #765 and #767? I really don't like air blowing on me like that.

I am not at all sure about keeping #767, but everytime I mention it to a PG rep or our travel agent, they tell me that "it is the most popular room on the ship" and discourage me from changing to a midship balcony.

Any thoughts appreciated.

We were in 767. The vent is above the bed but has a cover that diffuses the air off you. Dunner (765) and I had that cover taken off so we could get more cold air in those rooms. I'm not sure the removal really helped but maintenance did eventually get the rooms cooler.

I only had the A/C issue and a musty smell near the balcony door. I don't think the rain water is properly diverted around the outside of the sliding door and seeps into the carpet (inside) a bit. The last issue I had was the furniture movement very early in the morning. If you are a heavy sleeper, you may sleep through it. We didn't make an issue of it since I am well aware of noise issues when booking a cabin that has public space above it. Having said all this, I would probably book the room again. I loved the bathroom, room layout and size - especially the balcony. We use our balconies every day and that aft view is great! It's always a personal issue with rooms like this...

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from our 7-day PG cruise. Absolutely wonderful!

Our cabin did have an issue - noisy people (3 teenagers) overhead. I had specifically picked a cabin with no public areas above or below. Then the only noise risk is ending up with noisy people up above. Unfortunately, that's what we hit this time - the kids stomped around like a herd of elephants, and they apparently could only close doors by slamming them. Fortunately, my husband can sleep through anything, and I drugged myself and usually managed to be asleep before they returned to the room.

I found I could also on occasion hear the voices of people in the cabins on either side.