.......idle jottings

ho-hum

Haha

Your local cheese Popper must be Philadelphia !

A spreadable cheese.

Does it come in a spray can too !

Yes Bucks County looks lovely. Bordered by the Delaware.

Lots of British city names.

It seems very similar to parts of the UK too.

Great to hear. We will be boarding Saturday in San Juan, glad there are no issues to report. An Email response from Sea Dream also confirmed that A/C issues were resolved. Glad to hear a fan is an option. I too need white noise for a restful sleep.

Hosting thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, then headed to SJU on Friday morning.

Our hotel is right next to the port in San Juan so hoping to see SDI pulling in that morning. :)

PS CKforensic, we used to live in Doylestown, Bucks Co!

Sorry Popper......one more thing......oh and it can wait until after your Thanksgiving Day ...... but did:

YOU EMAIL SD FOR AN ANSWER TO A/C

or

DID SD EMAIL YOU ?

(Ho hum is not shouting, just emphqsising difference between crud and important part of message)

What's with the "Awkward Season ..." thread ?

Some guy promoting something or a fan of a TV series ?

How strange.

.... and it's now vanished......leaving ho hum the opportunity to promote the amazing CHEEZY-WEEZY BITES !

For those fun evenings with the boyz.

Cheez Whizz ! What the hell is that Charlie ?

Easy Cheese ! Making cheese easy ! For whom 5 year olds ! Jim really.

Triscuits ! What 3 biscuits in one ?

Canned cheese sprayed directly into the mouth ! Sounds like a James Belushi scene in a National Lampoon film........Toga ! Toga !

Schitz chaser ! Wonder how it got the name ? Well ho hum Googled and found diddly-squat on the subject. Ho hum knows he should'nt be asking this but what precisely is in your Schitz chaser Raggy ?

You are kidding ho hum right ? Please say yes guys !

Ho hum suddenly feels quite ill and appalled.

Fortunately the invitations to ho hum's refined, candlelit, early supper soiree to Charlie, Raggy and Jim have been intercepted just in time.

That was a close one !

The supper will nevertheless proceed with invitations to Poppy, Kathy and frau gcmv.

Thank God for ladies of refinement and taste.

There is a reason Neals Yard dont deliver to the US Jim. They are all out of Easy Cheese !

The cows diet unfortunately consists of grass not plastic waste !

My God fellas ! Yuk yuk yuk !

Have you actually read the ingredients ? Cheese is not high up there as one of the main ingredients. It's the waste product from oil distillation probably !

But in the spirit of the day, may ho hum wish our American "family" a great Thanksgiving today.

All the best to y'all.

God bless each and every one of you !

And growing up, I always loved Dairylea.:eek:

Ho hum suddenly feels quite ill and appalled.

Fortunately the invitations to ho hum's refined, candlelit, early supper soiree to Charlie, Raggy and Jim have been intercepted just in time.

That was a close one !

The supper will nevertheless proceed with invitations to Poppy, Kathy and frau gcmv.

Thank God for ladies of refinement and taste.

Is Herr gcmv allowed to join the supper as well or should he go for a night out with lovely blondie while old ho-hum wearies the nice ladies with idle jottings?:D

Btw. after this outstanding cheese delivery gcmv knows why ho-hum has mice in the house ... ;)

Is Herr gcmv allowed to join the supper as well or should he go for a night out with lovely blondie while old ho-hum wearies the nice ladies with idle jottings?:D

Btw. after this outstanding cheese delivery gcmv knows why ho-hum has mice in the house ... ;)

Your invitation to the soiree very much depends on your choice of cheese.

Ho hum is not familiar with any German cheeses......so surprise old ho hum.

Aha, Detective Inspector GCMV has solved the case of the mice !

Easy Cheese is the Easy Jet of cheese.:eek: Comes in 4 varieties.

"Schitz chaser !"

While you forgot the the "l", you were not far off on the taste...

Ho hum's education in American food has a long way to go but your advice is appreciated.

It is added to the "Foods to be avoided at all costs" list.

Well ho hum and the rest of the non-US world kind of has an understqnding of what Thanksgiving is all about and its importance in American family and society as there have been so many films eluding to it.

Of course if there was a British version then there would no doubt be a liberal number of murders !

Ho hum believed everybody ate Turkey for Thanksgiving but further investigation revealed a whole host of dishes peculiar to the variou states.

See map below.

Is this true ?

Ho hum fears the map wont scale up, so some of the foods are:

California: Persimmon bread

Arizona: Turkey enchiladas

Colorado: Funeral Potatoes

Texas: Spoapilla Cheesecake

Florida: Flan de Calabaza

Alabama: Sweet potato dumplings

Pennsylvania: Walnut pie

Nevada, Montana, Wyoming, Colarado: Frog eye salad !!!! Yuk

image.jpg.79e8de83a9ff18fa9c5b11b628296929.jpg

1 c. sugar

2 tbsp. flour

1/2 tsp. salt

1 3/4 c. pineapple juice

2 eggs, beaten

1 tbsp. lemon juice

3 qt. water

2 tsp. salt

1 tbsp. cooking oil

1 pkg. (16 oz.) Acini de Pepe

3 cans (11 oz. each) mandarin oranges, drained

2 cans (20 oz. each) pineapple chunks, drained

1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained

1 c. miniature marshmallows

1 c. coconut (optional)

1. Combine sugar, flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt.

2. Gradually stir in pineapple juice and eggs.

3. Cook over moderate heat, stirring until thickened.

4. Add lemon juice; cool mixture to room temperature.

5. Bring water, 2 teaspoons salt and oil to boil. Add Acini de Pepe

6. Cook at rolling boil until done (5-8 minutes).

7. Drain, rinse, drain again and cool to room temperature.

8. Combine egg mixture and Acini de Pepe; mix lightly.

9. Refrigerate overnight in airtight container.

10. Add remaining ingredients; mix lightly but thoroughly.

11. Refrigerate until chilled in airtight container. May be refrigerated for as long as a week.

You're kidding ho hum ?

WOW Ho Hum. I'm very impressed. Cheese and Port For breakfast. Red wine and champers for lunch last week. No tea and toast for those living in the Posh Part. No way Jose!

My post woman must have stolen my invite so she might turn up instead of me. Poor you. Shes a miserable so and so. My ironing board has more of a personality.

I think I'll have cheese and port for lunch today. Good idea. I'm a cheeseaholic. Love it.

Sorry Popper......one more thing......oh and it can wait until after your Thanksgiving Day ...... but did:

YOU EMAIL SD FOR AN ANSWER TO A/C

or

DID SD EMAIL YOU ?

(Ho hum is not shouting, just emphqsising difference between crud and important part of message)

We emailed SD asking about status of A/C on SD1 and they responded that it had been addressed and was working. We board tomorrow :)

We emailed SD asking about status of A/C on SD1 and they responded that it had been addressed and was working. We board tomorrow :)

Popper, good to hear the A/C issue on SD1 has been taken care of - will make for a much more comfortable time on board! Always enjoy reading first hand reports from the ship so hope you'll check in when you can to let us know how things are going and how you are enjoying your cruise. Have fun & expect to be spoiled! ;)

Well done.

Those going on SD2 should similarly email for an update on AC comdition too.

Well have a great time and as CDreamer says, if you have the odd moment, do let us know how it's going.

What sort of plane and airline has wifi onboard ?

Ho hum's never heard of it.

The De Haviland ho hum flies does'nt even have a roof ! Very breezy dont mind telling you !

How many of you received a Black Friday Sale email from Sea Dream ?

Please America take back your Black Friday sales gimmick.

Britains are becoming dumber than ever.

Sights of bargain hunters raiding stores to purloin TVs from cheap joints, pushing and shoving one another.

Simply horrible.

Ho hum checked whether Harrods, Fortnum & Mason, Berry Bros. & Rudd were having sales of fine food and wines but nothing !

Of course ho hum would only obtain purchases on the internet.

By the time you have paid the chauffeur, the petrol for the Bentley, congestion charges, parking charges and tipped the man. That would cost £150.00 !

Then there is the time involved: 4 hours.

And the people. Simply ghastly.

WOW Ho Hum. I'm very impressed. Cheese and Port For breakfast. Red wine and champers for lunch last week. No tea and toast for those living in the Posh Part. No way Jose!

My post woman must have stolen my invite so she might turn up instead of me. Poor you. Shes a miserable so and so. My ironing board has more of a personality.

I think I'll have cheese and port for lunch today. Good idea. I'm a cheeseaholic. Love it.

Then you simply must go to Neals Yard for British & Irish cheese or La Fromagerie for French cheese.

Did you partake of the sales on Black Friday, Poppy ?

As I said none of the posh food and wine shops were partaking.

Tesco's are doing an amazing deal on champagne (De Launay). It is tasting quite acceptable for parties or for gifts to the staff !

Haha

By the way. The Champagne Jacquart on SD2 on the crossing was tasting amazing. Ho hum believes it has some bottle age on it. Very, very good.

Well done SD (but still a way to go on the rest of your wine list and get the ice making machines working on ALL decks ! Hate seeing the guys struggling with buckets full of ice down the stairs).

No Hum Hum I hate shopping. I'd never heard of Black Friday until I received a deluge of emails full of offers during the week. Today I got 'The day after Black Friday offers'.

No thank you. I would take a panic attack if I got stuck in that frenzy. Some of the images were shocking. All to save £150 off a TV no ones ever heard of.

Apparently the Champagne on offer in Tesco is impossible to get instore. Maybe a little PR stunt!

2:1 Ho Hum. Good result. Bet your happy. Any hotels you recommend in Auckland?Hotels are booking up very quickly when we will be there so need to get something booked soon.

I've already prebooked this very nice place as a surprise for him (in fact he hasn't a clue where he's going)for a very late long lunch. It's on Waiheke Island, Half a hour away by ferry from Auckland. Looks fab.

http://Www.mudbrick.co.nz

How many of you received a Black Friday Sale email from Sea Dream ?

Please America take back your Black Friday sales gimmick.

Britains are becoming dumber than ever.

Sights of bargain hunters raiding stores to purloin TVs from cheap joints, pushing and shoving one another.

Simply horrible.

Ho hum checked whether Harrods, Fortnum & Mason, Berry Bros. & Rudd were having sales of fine food and wines but nothing !

Of course ho hum would only obtain purchases on the internet.

By the time you have paid the chauffeur, the petrol for the Bentley, congestion charges, parking charges and tipped the man. That would cost £150.00 !

Then there is the time involved: 4 hours.

And the people. Simply ghastly.

Now ho-hum, imagine what would happen if all the SeaDream aficionados were lined up at the front of a store giving away a limited number of SeaDream two-for-one coupons. I submit there would be not a few serious injuries, and likely even deaths, when the doors burst open to admit the craven herd... And if Jim were in line, there would likely be a few bullet wounds, to boot.

Now ho-hum, imagine what would happen if all the SeaDream aficionados were lined up at the front of a store giving away a limited number of SeaDream two-for-one coupons. I submit there would be not a few serious injuries, and likely even deaths, when the doors burst open to admit the craven herd... And if Jim were in line, there would likely be a few bullet wounds, to boot.

Hey, I have never shot anyone.........That didn't need it.:eek: Oops!!:D:D

*** Off-topic post - for Jim's eyes only ***

Jimbo, last week I went shooting at a range down Mexico way, near Jamul CA, a mile or so from the border. Took my WWII Garand. Dang those things shoot good with just that iron peep sight. Even with my ancient eyes :eek: Our little cadre is into WWII rifles, we had Garands, K-98 snipers, a G-43, and some Russian rifles. Got a lot of gawkers checking out the rack behind our benches :). Of course we fell back for IPAs and pizza later (guns locked safely away) at a buddy's pad in San Diego :D. We'll have to get together for a shoot when you are out this way.