Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor

SOMBRERO6

We are staying at the Springhill Suites in Dania, one night precruise. I want the boys to experience an old time Ice Cream Parlor. Can anyone tell me the best way to get from our hotel to Jaxsons? Walk? Bus? Taxi? I can walk but not more than 1/2 mile or so.

We are staying at the Springhill Suites in Dania, one night precruise. I want the boys to experience an old time Ice Cream Parlor. Can anyone tell me the best way to get from our hotel to Jaxsons? Walk? Bus? Taxi? I can walk but not more than 1/2 mile or so.

Jaxsons is a little over a mile from the hotel, so it is a quick taxi ride. I trust you can also catch the bus on Stirling Road to Federal Hwy, but I am not familiar with the bus schedule, so best to check with the hotel front desk.

Under no circumstances do you want to be walking around that area after dark.

The bus route on Stirling Road (#16) only runs until 8PM; it terminates in front of Dania City Hall which is a block north of Jaxson's--again, a very unsafe place to be waiting for a bus after dark.

Ask at the front desk if the hotel van can run you over. There are ususally cabs hanging around the Jaxson's plaza--but be prepared to offer a tip up front or you may be refused to be taken on such a short trip back to the hotel.

Edited by fishywood

Oh, yeah! Take a cab. Jaxson's is fine but the area around it can be iffy. There is no way I would walk from 95 to Federal and I can easily do five miles. It is questionable neighborhood once you head east of the hotel area to Federal. From Federal to the beach, it gets much better.

Are cabs readily available at Jaxson's or should I find a company and phone number to call for one?

Maybe skip the ice cream parlor until you can go during the day. I've never seen cabs hanging out there.