Flip flops at regular dining venues?

zanydoc

Hello! We are going on our first Disney Cruise later this month and I've read conflicting reports about whether or not flip flops are passable at dinner. What is true? We are packing extremely light and my husband wants to wear khakis and polo shirts with his nice leather flip flops to dinner. Yes or no? Thank you!

Hello! We are going on our first Disney Cruise later this month and I've read conflicting reports about whether or not flip flops are passable at dinner. What is true? We are packing extremely light and my husband wants to wear khakis and polo shirts with his nice leather flip flops to dinner. Yes or no? Thank you!

The only "dress code" on DCL is "no swimsuits or tank tops for dinner". That's for the Main Dining Rooms. In reality, you see practically anything in the MDRs for dinner.

For the adult dining venues, there are more strict dress requests. From the DCL website:

Dress code at Palo:

•Men: Dress pants and dress shirt (a jacket is optional)

•Women: Dress or pantsuit

•No jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes

Dress code at Remy:

•Men: Dress pants with jacket (sports or suit jacket) is required—ties are optional.

•Women: A dress, cocktail dress, pantsuit or skirt/blouse is required

•No jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/onboard-dining/dining-attire/

In the MDRs, you must have something on your feet. They will turn you away if you are barefoot citing safety concerns. Beyond that, there is no requirement as to WHAT is on your feet. Flip flops, bedroom slippers, 6 inch heels...suit yourself!

Oh my. DCL has come a long way. :o

You have to located the Palo dining dress requirements before you find the flip flop requirement. :eek: lol.

Dress code at Palo:

• Men: Dress pants and dress shirt (a jacket is optional)
  • Women: Dress or pantsuit
  • No jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes

It's actually a refreshing change from watching clothes, to watching shoes. :p

:)

I was on the Dream in December and due to a swollen foot my sandals would not fit, so I was forced to wear my flip flops into the dining rooms. Never once was I questioned about that during our trip. We did not go to Palo or Remy so i can't answer for that.

Thank you for all of your responses--My husband will be very happy! Yeah, I know, "nice leather flip-flops"--an oxymoron, right? We will not be going to any of the adult dining venues-- just the regular dining rooms, so happy to be packing light and flip-flopping our way through the cruise!