Allure, ship time and port time?

Cruise ships always stay on "ship time" which would coincide with the time it was when they left their home port. So the Allure would be on the FLL time throughout the entire cruise.

Sorry to disagree as that may have been your experience. RCI does not have a consistent policy in regard to ship time vs local time and some ships change to accommodate the local time and while some don't. The only way you will know for sure is on your cruise when they announce exactly what they are going to do for a given port. Just off a RCI ship last week and they changed times to match port times, so we got to spring forward and fall back last week on the ship only to spring forward this past Sunday at the house:)!! What the policy is on the Allure may depend on the captain, itinerary, time of year and probably a bunch of stuff I haven't thought of, but it is always ship's time... that's the only important one!!

Cruise ships always stay on "ship time" which would coincide with the time it was when they left their home port. So the Allure would be on the FLL time throughout the entire cruise.

Sorry to disagree as that may have been your experience. RCI does not have a consistent policy in regard to ship time vs local time and some ships change to accommodate the local time and while some don't. The only way you will know for sure is on your cruise when they announce exactly what they are going to do for a given port. Just off a RCI ship last week and they changed times to match port times, so we got to spring forward and fall back last week on the ship only to spring forward this past Sunday at the house:)!! What the policy is on the Allure may depend on the captain, itinerary, time of year and probably a bunch of stuff I haven't thought of, but it is always ship's time... that's the only important one!!

Agree. I have been on ships where we stayed on departure port time the entire cruise (even though the ports were in different time zones), as well as on ships that changed to match each port. Both of these scenarios have happened on Royal ships so there is not one "hard and fast rule".

I will say, however, that both of our cruises on Allure did stay on FLL time. Is that for every cruise, can't say, but that has been our experience.

That is not true; it is at the discretion of the Captain whether or not to adjust ship time to match port time when there otherwise would be a difference. I have had multiple cruises where the Captain adjusted ship time to match and multiple cruises where ship time and port time were an hour disparate.

Wow!! Sorry if I gave wrong information! Thanks for the clarification.

However, of all of the cruises I've been on, our ship time has always been whatever our departure port time was - but I've only ever sailed the Eastern/Western/Southern Caribbean ports.

I keep reading about how different RCCL ships change or don't change times. How do I plan a private excursion, not knowing what time we'll be arriving in port (depending on whether they change or don't change time)?

Since you are going to Cozumel, no need to worry.

If you stay on Florida / East Coast / Ship time and you dock at .... say 9:00 AM, the time in Cozumel will be 8:00 AM, so you have "more time" to get to your excursion.

OTOH, if the Captain says to turn the clocks back an hour, ship time at docking will be 9:00 Ship time, and 9:00 Cozumel time.

If you were going East to ..... say .... ST. Martin, that could be a problem.