Valor - Advance Reservations for Scarlett's

Anyone know if you can reserve for Scarlett's before your cruise? We want to go on the formal night out of GC and don't want to get 'shut out'. Yes, I am a compulsive planner -- like to have everything 'just so' for vacation. It will be my 40th bday and thought Scarlett's would be fun - - since it's formal night I'm thinking many others will have the same idea. Has anyone ever tried to go there for dinner and been 'denied' because they were full?

Hi,

We were on the Valor in April. You cannot make advanced reservations before you cruise. When you board the ship there will be a person accepting reservations. They will send confirmation to your cabin.

Michelle

We called as soon as we got in our room the first day...and there was plenty of space still. As a matter of fact we were only their 4th call for that cruise. You will be fine if you do that.

Don't think you can book before the cruise but you can book as soon as you board. I didn't notice any mad rush - I was the only passenger there!

Most everyone else boarding the ship is headed for food, their cabin, or exploring. You can just go straight to the restaurant in person and check it out.

Cod95FTzd6XAS+a+0C1hR-v2FCWsAbRa0300.jpg

Anyone know if you can reserve for Scarlett's before your cruise? We want to go on the formal night out of GC and don't want to get 'shut out'. Yes, I am a compulsive planner -- like to have everything 'just so' for vacation. It will be my 40th bday and thought Scarlett's would be fun - - since it's formal night I'm thinking many others will have the same idea. Has anyone ever tried to go there for dinner and been 'denied' because they were full?

If you have a big group it may not have as much of a choice. We had a party of 8 and had a tough time making our reservations. One of the first things we did when we boarded was took an elevator up to the Supper Club to make reservations and everything that we requested was already booked. We tried to get something around 8 pm for a day at sea but had no luck. We ended up with 6:00 reservations on the day we were in Hondoruas.

If you have a big group it may not have as much of a choice. We had a party of 8 and had a tough time making our reservations. One of the first things we did when we boarded was took an elevator up to the Supper Club to make reservations and everything that we requested was already booked. We tried to get something around 8 pm for a day at sea but had no luck. We ended up with 6:00 reservations on the day we were in Hondoruas.

??????? I thought there was really only one sitting and the table was pretty much yours for the evening, but I'm sure it happens.

Hi there, we sailed the Valor in June, and made reservations after we got to our room at 1:00 pm ( room wasn't ready before that time, even though we were onboard by noon :D ), I was the only person in Scarletts at 1:30, and had my choice of days and times. The Valor had a small engine problem on the way to St Thomas, which was the day of my reservation at Scarletts, and I was able to change the time to later that night without a problem, I was told that once you have a reservation that table is yours for the night, so getting there a little late is not a problem as long as you notify them.

You will enjoy whatever you order, as the food and service are excellent!

??????? I thought there was really only one sitting and the table was pretty much yours for the evening, but I'm sure it happens.

the posts are refferring to the supper club. NOT the main dining room.

If you go directly to the supper club--instead of calling you can pick your own table too.

the posts are referring to the supper club. NOT the main dining room. The supper clubs are alternative dining and costs 30. extra pp.

If you go directly to the supper club--instead of calling you can pick your own table too.

We plan to dine in Scarlett's one night on our Valor cruise in March. The night we will pick depends on:

• the menu in the main dining room - we want to go when we're not missing out on something really good
  • staying late in port - we won't go the night we are in Cozumel
  • last night blues - we may go the last night because I have heard the menu in the main dining room is not the best that night; we'll see

I do think we will go pick out a table shortly after we board. I hear the main dining room menus for the week are available for review at the purser's desk. We'll look those menus over and decide.

the posts are refferring to the supper club. NOT the main dining room.

I know that. See my pictures above - that ain't regualr dining room selections.

Pretty sure in the super club, the table is yours for the evening. They expect you to spend several hours there. It is supposed to be an experience. And for $30pp extra, you have every right to expect it.

Pretty sure in the super club, the table is yours for the evening. They expect you to spend several hours there. It is supposed to be an experience. And for $30pp extra, you have every right to expect it.

ooo now I understand- The supper club holds 100 diners per night. it takes 2 1/2 hours for dinner. so the table that seats at 6-- should be ready to go by 8:30. Supper Club takes reseravations for the first reservation at 6pm and the last reservation at 10pm.

(I had a researvation for 7:30 and never was I felt rushed--but then again--we were the only diners there except the captains table and the people fromt he Pursers office

-----------------

Salty- if you want to look at the menu- and start deciding what nights to stay in the dining room-- please look here.-- http://community.webshots.com/album/231083491RrRMfu

Archived